UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Can you help me find a book

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments My girlfriend is trying to remember the title of a book she read when she was a kid. She remembers this...

It featured two characters called Eddie Elephant and Marmaduke Mouse it had a green cover and it was about telling time throughout the day and the Elephant was a driving instructor and at the end they went to a restaurant.

Can anyone help?

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Unfortunately no, she said it would have been published either late 70's or early 80's.

message 4: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Maisy Mouse had an Eddie the elephant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maisy_Mouse

message 6: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Not quite

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments Hi, did you ever learn the title of this book? My sister and I are also trying to remember it. Thanks!

message 8: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Was it definitely a book, Lindsay?

There's a comic called Marmaduke Mouse and the characters all have names like that (e.g Louis the Lion) so maybe it could be this? :)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments Definitely a book. I remember everything but the title clearly.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments The book is called "Busy Days - A Book of Time" by Peter Woolcock.

message 12: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Hi Laura,

Thank you soooo much, this is exactly it. My now Fiancée is so excited and happy.

Thank you very much for letting me know that you found it!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay!

Laura, you rock!

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments Hi Lindsay, I'm glad that I could help. I found the title by posting a description of the book on a website called Stump The Bookseller.

I ordered two copies for my sister and I, and they are perfect.

Also, congrats on your engagement... Maybe the book could be an engagement present? ☺

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 1 comments Hi is there a place in this group where I can request to borrow a book from another member. Im really wanting to read Becoming Calder thanks