Coursera Friends discussion

General > Woohoo!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jute (new)

Jute | 139 comments Mod
Well, I haven't got it all set up but it's a start!

message 2: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
A nice start :)

message 3: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
By the way, is anyone else saving the course material (downloading etc whenever possible) for future reference?

message 4: by Seawood (new)

Seawood What a good idea - I hadn't thought of saving the videos for offline use, I wonder if it's doable.

message 5: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 88 comments Mod
Definitely saving all the videos - I'm not always keeping up with the SciFi after the reading ones so got them all for 'later' (which may join 'soon' definition wise!)

message 6: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Emy wrote: "Definitely saving all the videos - I'm not always keeping up with the SciFi after the reading ones so got them all for 'later' (which may join 'soon' definition wise!)"

Nice reference ;) I'm doing the same for all of courses, honestly (for those I mostly audit especially - masochistic of me to try to learn programming still even after I decided I wasted my years upon it in uni, but eh). Caroline, basically click upon the files in the lectures or other section and save them to a desired location.

message 7: by Emy (last edited Sep 24, 2012 10:06AM) (new)

Librarian-ness comes to the fore (plus I'm doing a billion hand out guides atm anyway)

Videos list > Click on the icon to the far right (Close up below). Save. Profit?

:D

message 8: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Cheers. It required a certain amount of negotiation for disk space...

...which caused my dear darling husband to sign up for nigh on 50 courses himself.

We have more than 30 which overlap. :D

And then I signed up for another six because now I have someone to help me with maths and physics if I get stuck.

I guess I'll come up for air sometime in 2014...!

message 9: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
My boyfriend only learns when he wants to or when it's practical to him - sigh!

I know what you mean about the disk space, though...

message 10: by Emy (new)

Thankfully I'm putting all the videos on our network drive, which still has quite a few GB left. I also finally persuaded himself that I also needed more hard drive on my PC itself so I am no longer going "Argh, Space"!

message 11: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
DVDs help :) (a confessed hoarder speaks)