European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > The Lady Queen: Ch. 1 - 7

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Please discuss The Lady Queen chapters 1-7 here.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments It's slow goings for me so far - I'm just so utterly unfamiliar with all the major players in this that I have to keep double checking who everyone is which slows me down. Very interesting though and glad I'm reading it. This is the second book I've read by Goldstone and she is definitely very good at painting the bigger picture, going into the backgrounds of all the people involved in Joanna's life so we have a better understanding of who she was by studying the people who had the most influence on her. But that can equally be confusing and complicated when you're so unfamiliar with them! lol

message 3: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I hope to start this shortly (I bought it a while ago so at least I don't have to wait for a library copy). I keep getting side tracked by other books around the start of the group reads.

Robin, I have the same problem when I read about Russian royals (and I'm sure I'll have the same problem with this book as well). I just don't have much of a background with the people involved and all the names seem to blend together unless I really take my time with the book.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 44 comments I agree Robin about many of the major players being unfamiliar. It always amazes me that whenever there seems to be even the slightest question of who a ruler should be all these factions appear each claiming their right to rule.

message 5: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I have to agree with everyone here. I was hooked in the beginning with the trial, but I feel like now I'm just plowing through it. There are many players in this and I also have to look back to see who is who.