European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > The Lady Queen: Ch. 8 - 14

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:18AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Please discuss The Lady Queen chapters 8-14 here.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments Up to Chapter 10. I don't understand how I did not know about Joanna of Naples until reading this book. A royal murder, political scheming, tortures and executions... you'd think the mainstream media would have latched onto it and made a miniseries or something!

I'm still reading it slowly because the politics are so complicated and I'm so unfamiliar with the players involved. But it's really, really fascinating. I keep thinking "How did I not know about this?!"

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 44 comments I had never heard of Joanna of Naples either before reading this book. I also was surprised by how strong a political force Hungary was at this time.

message 4: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) @Robin- I agree, I'm surprised mainstream media hasn't done anything with her story. It's pretty incredible!

@Mary- I too did not know Hungary was a strong political force. I've had world history courses but I do not remember anything like this. It's a shame, I probably would have paid more attention in class.