What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Obese man plots to take revenge on the wife who tried to kill him... /s

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Genipher (new)

Genipher | 8 comments I read this Christian fiction book some years ago. It was about an obese man who wins the lottery and marries his decorator. Unfortunately, she and another man attempt to kill the obese guy. He escapes and lives out in the woods (?) with a hermit. He learns to eat healthier, loses weight, and decides to take revenge on his wife. He takes voice lessons and makes other changes so he'll be unrecognizeable.
I THOUGHT this book was by Gilbert Morris but I haven't found anything like it under his name. I also thought there was something about "mirror" or "darkly" in the title.

I would love to read it again...if only I could find it.

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Gilbert Morris does have a book titled Through a Glass Darkly, I haven't read it, but I don't think it matches your description.

message 3: by Gini (new)

Gini (camp80) | 59 comments Hi! I just googled this and didn't find anything, but I'm now following this book, it sounds so intriguing, I hope you find it!

message 4: by Genipher (new)

Genipher | 8 comments Thanks for trying, Gini. :)
I think I read Through a Glass Darkly. Maybe that's why I'm getting the "dark" and "mirror" mixed up with this other book.

message 5: by Gini (new)

Gini (camp80) | 59 comments Dangit, lol! I was hoping this comment would be the one! Oh well, you're welcome:)

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Sounds like Charade by Gilbert Morris.

message 7: by Genipher (new)

Genipher | 8 comments That's exactly it! Thank you so much!! I'm going to see if it's at my library asap.

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments You're entirely welcome!

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Congrats Genipher. I've moved this down to Solved for you and shelved the book. Glad you found it.

message 10: by Genipher (new)

Genipher | 8 comments Whoops! Thanks for moving the thread for me. I totally forgot about doing that!

Thanks again! I currently have the book on hold at my local library. Yay!