Indie Book Club discussion

Book of the Month: Other > Nominate Books for October: Time Travel

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Nominate your favorite indie Time Travel story for October's BotM. Please make sure all nominations are available in for ereaders from the major retailers. All nominations must receive a second to be included in the poll.

Thanks

message 2: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

I'll nominate Take Back Tomorrow. Not 100% on the time travel thing but from what I understand it's a sci/fi noir mix.

message 3: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
I'll second it, Scott.

Gotta dig through my notes. I know I've read some really good books with Time Travel featured in it. Gotta find some!

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments One I recently came across is Timepiece, which plays with time travel and alternate realities in a Back to the Future - Part II -type way.

message 5: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Sounds interesting! I'll second it, Steph!

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric Quinn (eqknowles) Hey, Scott, thanks for setting this up! I've been crazy busy of late, but I'll be on the ball for November.

message 7: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

No prob Eric.

Poll is up and new topics have been started for both November books.

message 8: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Forrest (christopheraforrest) | 3 comments I suggest you try my new YA scifi adventure novel called Days of Discovery. Time travel is a very important part of The Zarulium Chronicles series. I've written book one and published it through Smashwords. I'm currentrly writing book two, called Misadventures in Time Travel. FREE download, so check out www.zchronicles.com. Thanks for giving an emerging indie author a chance! Cheers!

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments Scott wrote: "...Poll is up and new topics have been started for both November books."

I can't find the poll. Am I being dim?

message 10: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Steph wrote: "Scott wrote: "...Poll is up and new topics have been started for both November books."

I can't find the poll. Am I being dim?"

No I don't know why Goodreads does the polls like they do. If you go to polls in the top right corner it will bring up a list of all the polls the group has taken. For some reason the time travel poll was the last one at the bottom of the second page for me. Unfortunately you can only have one poll at a time on the group homepage.

message 11: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Christopher wrote: "I suggest you try my new YA scifi adventure novel called Days of Discovery. Time travel is a very important part of The Zarulium Chronicles series. I've written book one and published it through Sm..."

The poll is already up for this month, but keep an eye out to get your book nominated if it qualifies for more months in the future.

message 12: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

We ran into a bit of a dilemma on the poll as it ended in a tie. Since there are only two books I'm not sure that a revote would really change the outcome substantially. Any thoughts?

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments Two thoughts - (i) you could run the poll again including Christopher's suggestion above; or (ii) as Timepiece is not only time travel, but also steampunk (which we did last month), perhaps make an executive decision to go for Take Back Tomorrow?.

message 14: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

What about one this month and reserve the other for next month?

message 15: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Forrest (christopheraforrest) | 3 comments Scott wrote: "Christopher wrote: "I suggest you try my new YA scifi adventure novel called Days of Discovery. Time travel is a very important part of The Zarulium Chronicles series. I've written book one and pub..."
Thanks Scott! I will certainly submit for another month. Cheers!

message 16: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Steph wrote: "Two thoughts - (i) you could run the poll again including Christopher's suggestion above; or (ii) as Timepiece is not only time travel, but also steampunk (which we did last month), perhaps make an..."

As I have an open line of communication with the author of Take Back Tomorrow I would choose that one as he has said he would join the conversation if his book was picked. That being said I just want to make sure Timepiece is not written by someone in the club and I'm just unaware of that fact.

So if you wrote Timepiece please let me know so you don't lose out on a technicality.