Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Zenna Henderson
This topic is about Zenna Henderson
Authors > Zenna Henderson

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 130 comments Well, I was finally adding some of her books to the list. It's about time I read them all, since it's been years and years since I read any. Thought I'd open a topic here with some questions:

1) What are people's thoughts on The People sequence of stories?
2) The Goodreads author profile states that her books and stories about The People were the basis for three movies: The People, 1972, starring William Shatner and Kim Darby, Escape to Witch Mountain, 1975, and Return to Witch Mountain, 1978. As far as I know, the latter two are based on the work of Alexander Key.

Now, the first Witch Mountain book came out in 1968, well after Henderson began her stories, so it wouldn't surprise me they were an influence on Key or the adaptations of his books.

Some of the ideas are strikingly similar. Some might say derivative. Other ideas are not. Anyone know if there was ever a lawsuit regarding this that would validate the claim that her works were "the basis" for those movies?

If not, any GR librarians want to tackle editing the author page to remove the inaccuracy?

message 2: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments I've never read her...so I don't have too much to comment.

message 3: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 65 comments Love Henderson.

I have had Ingathering: The Complete People Stories of Zenna Henderson since shortly after it was released.

This http://www.ldsfilm.com/movies/EscapeT... might be of interest in regards to influence and adaptation. Makes perfect sense to me.

I updated Henderson's description.