Christian Readers discussion

Living the Life > The Second Coming of Christ

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 14 comments Would love feedback on my latest article.

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Es...

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen This is an excellent balanced article. AMEN

message 3: by John (new)

John | 14 comments Thanks..

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen welcome

message 5: by Emily (last edited Sep 19, 2012 11:52AM) (new)

Emily (etomko) | 52 comments Hi John, thanks for your straightforward article. This is a subject always on my mind, but more so in the last few years than ever, and especially in the last week. I very much have a sense of the diabolical on the rise, and the liberties we've enjoyed as Christians in the west are coming swiftly to an end. With so much prophecy fulfilled in Israel in just a single generation, how long can it be?

One theme you touched on, the preaching of grace/love, but not judgment/repentance I see really bringing congregations to an impasse. I was thinking about this yesterday, how the church is labeled now as a judgmental/unloving group, and I hear Christians asking, "How can we change that?" as if the image could be altered with proper PR, even through genuine love and kindness. While I DO believe that we are to "overcome evil with good," the more a believer acts like Christ, the more a threat he becomes to the Enemy, the more he will be falsely accused, etc. So the individual or corporate member of the Body who asks such a question risks compromising Christ, rather than becoming like Christ, if he wants to please sinners.

At the bottom, you listed some means of evangelism. If you get a chance to see Darren Wilson's "Father of Lights" documentary, it was such an inspiration to me. There are breakthroughs in the U.S., but they seem to be happening with specific groups who are tuned into the marching orders of the Spirit, and then go and do it. I disciple and teach much more than I consciously evangelize, but when I have had breakthrough moments with strangers it has often come through either simply asking someone if I can pray for them (either for healing, physical or emotional) or through words of knowledge that God gave me. I was amazed when a gay guy broke down in tears next to me at a sushi bar after God gave me a word of knowledge about his father and I asked him about it. (I don't know that he renounced his lifestyle, but until the time we left, he tearfully thanked me and let me pray with him). So, just to add, spiritual gifts I am seeing are powerful tools to unlock the most hardened hearts.

message 6: by John (new)

John | 14 comments Emily.

Do you FB? Lets become friends. I appreciate people like you that READ and are not on the anti-intellectualism train. There is a multitude of Christians these days that do not read. They think that YouTube is the same as a book and are as ignorant as ever. I try and write articles so that they are web friendly, but even then people may not read them, because they are not Twitter and YouTube friendly. So many times I have mentioned a book, and someone counters it with some short YouTube video. Anti intellectualism is all over the Christian church!

message 7: by TheKeyAuthor (new)

TheKeyAuthor TheKeyAuthor | 19 comments #5 So, just to add, spiritual gifts I am seeing are powerful tools to unlock the most hardened hearts.

I wonder what the world would make of mine and others hidden between book covers? Depressingly, not a lot I suspect because, as you point out, they are not on YouTube etc.

The Key? was meant to be.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe