The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > I love reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Forrester | 3 comments The best thing my parents ever did for me was take away the television when I was grounded. I fell in love with reading in the third grade and never stopped. I prefer books with quality writing and exquisite characterization. I'm pleased to be here and look forward to participating.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Hi TJ.. thanks for joining the group. We're happy to have you, and hope you find lots of lovely new things to read because of us :)

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments Hi - T.J. Always glad to see a new person join. It means more recommedations :)

message 4: by Judith (new)

Judith Leger (judithleger) | 9 comments Hi T.J.,

LOL! I tried that with my boys (3 sons). Only one still reads some. Not much but that's better than nothing. My husband's family are not big readers.

Hugs and nice to meet you!

Judith

message 5: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 19 comments I have 3 boys too, one reluctant reader, one avid reader and one who can't read - yet ! My hubby doesn't read much, so is not a very good role model. I read a lot, it's an important part of who I am. To read a well written book, like you say T.J, is a wonderful experience. I want my boys to appreciate it too. My avid 8-year old reader gets it, when I asked why he enjoys reading so much, he replied 'because his imagination goes wild'. I feel I've accomplished something - even with the tv, computer games etc competing for their time.