Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

YA Dystopia/Post-Apocalyptic > Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Okay, I'm intrigued :)

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments I have this book, too. How to pick, how to pick!!??

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments I'll check it out. Thanks for a great review!

message 4: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Reading it, almost finished and dreading the end, but so far it's one of the best dystopian YA I've read in a long time.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments Fantastic! I can't wait to read it :)

message 6: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments I'm almost at the end... getting nervous! My goodness, but I like this novel and I normally get easily bored with YA. It is something different, isn't it?

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Monica wrote: "I'm almost at the end... getting nervous! My goodness, but I like this novel and I normally get easily bored with YA. It is something different, isn't it?"

Aren't paranormal books considered YA? I don't think I know my genres! LOL

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments Paranormal can be a subset of YA, but there are also adult paranormal books, too.

message 9: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Copied and pasted from Wikipedia :)

Young-adult fiction or young adult literature (often abbreviated as YA) also juvenile fiction, is fiction written, published, or marketed to adolescents and young adults. The vast majority of YA stories portray an adolescent, rather than an adult or child, as the protagonist.

The subject matter and story lines of YA literature are typically consistent with the age and experience of the main character, but, beyond that, YA stories span the spectrum of fiction genres.

message 10: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Finished. Loved it. I didn't see that coming :) Although, there was a scene earlier on (the one at the ocean) I thought it was a little bit too deus ex machina. Glad it got explained at the end. I'm particularly fond of the very last scene, very poetic. The only thing I didn't like were the chosen covers. Neither of them would have caught my attention. Even the blurb was on the dry side for me. If it hadn't been for Sarajayne's review, I wouldn't have given this book a second glance. This is definitely another series I'll read, whenever the other two books come out. Interestingly enough, the second and the third book, although coming out 2013 and 2014, are already gathering lots of stars...