Completists' Club discussion

Suggestions for board organisation

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia There are already lots of authors on here and there can only be more. Perhaps the posts could be divided between boards such as "Authors A-G" and so on to make them easier to find.

And the General board could remain for threads like "Introduce yourself" and this one.

message 2: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments I think it's a great idea.

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Top idea, working on the transfer . . .

message 4: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments This would work if I could figure out how to move pre-existing threads into folders . . .

message 5: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments As a moderator, when you click any thread, there should be a little "(edit)" next to the title of the thread when you have the thread open. If you click edit, it gives you the option to rename the thread or move it to a different folder, and I think also to add a tag to the author or title being discussed.

message 6: by Patty (new)

Patty | 28 comments But you have to create the folders first, I think.

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments OK, all done (minus any alphabetising).

message 8: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia Ooh, isn't it looking nice and tidy in here?
[Would best be said by a Python in a flowery pinny and a wig. :)]

message 9: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 120 comments Hmmm, so has my Zamyatin listing been weeded out inadvertently in the re--organization?

message 10: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 120 comments Wait, wait, I found it. I had not realized that only 5 threads per folder show on the first page. Good to know.

message 11: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments Yeah this works a lot better.

message 12: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia After seeing MJ's and Paul's music posts in the newsfeed just now, I'm (again) wishing there was a music and film board. Would many others be interested in such a thing?

message 13: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments OK, I set it up. I don't want to subdivide artists etc, otherwise it'll get too cluttered round here, so it's just one thread.

message 14: by Nate D (new)

Nate D (rockhyrax) | 120 comments As far as film completists go, if I make author threads for Robbe-Grillet or Konwicki, I'm requiring all their films in my completion criteria, since both were equally writers and directors.

message 15: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia MJ wrote: "OK, I set it up. I don't want to subdivide artists etc, otherwise it'll get too cluttered round here, so it's just one thread."
I think I'm suffering from no longer having the sort of job that involves organising stuff... Sorry!
(I would have considered setting up a whole music & film discussion group if I thought I'd be reliably well enough to lead or moderate it or whatever it's called round here.)

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant well, this may be a little utopian, but what's completion if it isn't that, but I was a-wondering if we might not in some way build in links to members' reviews of the various complete ouevres, so that as we get round to reading/reviewing them, we add in more review links until our reviews are complate too... er, does that make the least bit of sense?

message 17: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Mike wrote: "Then, again, maybe not."

I'm on it.

message 18: by Bill (new)

Bill (kernos) Are we allowed to add authors to the alphabetical lists?

message 19: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Kernos wrote: "Are we allowed to add authors to the alphabetical lists?"

Yes! Absodootley!

message 20: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 33 comments How about a Nobel prize winners list. I imagine I can't be the only one to have a hazy plan to read at least one book by all of them. I would simply add it, but it doesn't fit in to the alphabetical scheme.

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim Fred wrote: "How about a Nobel prize winners list. I imagine I can't be the only one to have a hazy plan to read at least one book by all of them. I would simply add it, but it doesn't fit in to the alphabetica..."

Good idea. Maybe we could also add "Nobel Winner" next to the author names who already have folders.

Another suggestion - where possible, would members consider adding the book names as book links? Would make it easier to peruse the author's works.

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim Fred wrote: "How about a Nobel prize winners list..."

Fred, I stumbled onto this group discussion about early Nobel prize winners' books that are available on archive.org

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 23: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 33 comments Thanks, a handy list. I find extended reading on screens annoying but some of those might demand it.

message 24: by Traveller (new)

Traveller (moontravlr) | 81 comments Fred wrote: "How about a Nobel prize winners list. I imagine I can't be the only one to have a hazy plan to read at least one book by all of them. I would simply add it, but it doesn't fit in to the alphabetica..."

A Booker prize winner would also be nice. I suppose i could do that. I'll do a thread for it tomorrow.

message 25: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 33 comments I've read all the booker prize winners I can handle for now...

message 26: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (korrick) Fred wrote: "How about a Nobel prize winners list. I imagine I can't be the only one to have a hazy plan to read at least one book by all of them. I would simply add it, but it doesn't fit in to the alphabetica..."

I could get behind that.

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim Fred wrote: "Thanks, a handy list. I find extended reading on screens annoying but some of those might demand it."

Most of the books can be downloaded to ereaders - epub or kindle format.

message 28: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Good ideas. Please do these.

message 29: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Can I get perhaps a folder for nonauthor-oriented completionist lists? I've got three or so such lists squirreled away which I treat with completionism enthusiasm.