Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
This topic is about Sweet Evil
ARCHIVES > Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle | 27299 comments This a YA paranormal romance and I really like it. What do you think of the book?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments LOVED it! I love the way that Anna DID get under Kaidan's skin! He is a woman's man all the way! But I also fell in love with Kapo. He seems so exotic. :o)

One of my favorite laugh-aloud scenes is when she was in the bathroom with the two strange girls. :o)

Her dream scene freaked me out! It wasn't that long, but she was flashing through them so quickly that it really was intense for me.

And who would NOT love a postcard like that?

message 3: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 30, 2012 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, that scene in the WC is hilarious. I laughed also :D
I cannot wait for book 2. Have you read the extra already? It's on the author's website. I think it was 8 pages telling the story from Kaidan's POV.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments NO! Awesome...I'm going to check that out tomorrow

Pang | 168 comments Do U guys read Kai and Anna's interview ? It is friggin' cute!! My cheek blushed! >< And I also laugh out loud! OMG I llooovvveee this!!

Kaidan and Anna Interview Credit : Fiction Freak Blog ( Nikki's Blog ) :)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Pang, I just read it. Thanks for sharing. It's so sweet! I couldn't stop smiling.

Jojobean | 675 comments I don't know I just couldn't get into the book. It wasn't a winner for me

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It's ok Joanne! Different people have different opinion :) May I ask why so?

message 9: by Jojobean (last edited Oct 28, 2012 04:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jojobean | 675 comments I didn't really like the main character, Anna. She was kinda whiny and its like she throws everything about herself and her principals away when she meets Kaiden. Kaiden was a (pardon my french) man-slut. I also didn't like how Anna had to learn how to drink so that she could manipulate other people to drink b/c shes the daughter of a demon. Some other things just seem unrealistic to me and the way the teenagers talk in this book is weird.

There were some things I did like. For instance I liked the mythology behind Heaven, how the fallen angels fell and how the demons decided give out their duties. I also liked how Anna reconnected with her father and their relationship (I didn't care for him teaching her to drink so she could "work"). It seemed that her father was truly sorry that he followed Lucifer out of heaven and that he loved Anna and her mother very much.

But hey that's just my opinion. I'm all for people reading whatever they want to and making their own opinions. :D

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Nah... it's fine :) I love to hear different opinion. Yes, Anna is a bit annoying like you said :D And Kai , as you put it, is a "man-slut" lol..

message 11: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Must-read! A lot of 5 stars to it haha

message 12: by Pang (last edited Feb 22, 2013 02:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang | 168 comments lol! I love to hear different opinion also :) I have to agree that Anna is whiny which make her a bit annoying. But when I compare to other Goody-two-shoe Heroines. Mostly Goody Heroines in YA books are flat. Anna character is solid. I enjoyed her character very much. I couldn't help! She made me 'IN' Lol and She is Half-Angel. It made my sense. =9

Kaidan is a man-slut like you said :D but.. I just.. I have never found Anti-Hero in my life time reading YA books before. So, I was like. WOW..WOW.. and I could feel that, in fact, Kai is caring *to Anna* I saw some hints. I think actually he is not bad, he is Good *inside*

I don't know why, I felt like Anna is strong inside, although Kai broke her heart, but she is strong to move on her life. She is strong in her own goody way XD Like In the Climax scene, she is Brave!! b(^^D)d

Maybe, I'm sucker for the Character who choose duty over love. HAHAAA I felt like I understand them. XD but Yeah.. if you find the Hero and Heroine like this, You have to be patient!!! Maybe they are my type. I can connect with them so easily!! XD

message 13: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay | 5197 comments Sweet evil was cool

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jay wrote: "Sweet evil was cool"

Indeed it was :) Can't wait to read book 2