Muslim Community discussion

Islam in the World > Spying on Muslims

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 110099 (new)

110099 | 352 comments Mod
In America along the East Coast, the NYPD(New York Police Department) have been keeping surveillance on entire American Muslim neighborhoods "to gather intelligence on potential threat". Where they eat, pray, live, work. Pretty much spying on them. It's legal and payed by the US Government.

Do you think this is a violation of civil rights and should be illegal or is this necessary for America's safety

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 200 comments I had this debate in my American government class . They spy not only on new York Muslims. Its against our civil rights but they'll make plenty of loop holes to make it right we live in a fucked up country . Maybe if they started keeping an eye on people who can buy Guns online the aurora Colorado shot out could've been prevented.

Muslims are targets now and probably being spied on this minute ( I have no proof just my own opinion )

I'll come back another week with more info .

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 146 comments It's stupid how the US government considers all Muslims a suspect of terrorism.

message 4: by 110099 (last edited Sep 19, 2012 06:13PM) (new)

Somaya yeah it's not only New York or just the east coast. I've heard about it going on in California to

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 146 comments I feel sorry for the poor assholes that are spying on me..:)

message 6: by 110099 (new)

You never know, they might be reading this right nowO.O

message 7: by Joy (new)

Joy  | 146 comments Hello FBI/CIA spy agents...your own government thinks your not worthy of a real job so instead they gave u me to sky on.,.i hope your enjoying ....me I guess. (ok..that was soooooo lame)

message 8: by 110099 (new)

And I'm deleting your comments

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 200 comments Hey Ira I'm American . I get what your main point is but hen u say Americans your basically wishing it upon all Americans . Dont loose time by wishing that upon others becuz it's not worth it just live pure and laid back.

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 200 comments Don't worry about it I'm not offended .

message 11: by Youssef (last edited Jun 13, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Youssef Eddarif | 2 comments Are they irrational about it! Who is more likely to be a terrorist in the name of the god "Allah" if it is not Muslims? How can you prevent terrorism how happens to come from, let's say 1% of Muslims and 0% of the others, spy on the others?