Vampire Lovers discussion

Information of Vampires > Vampire Movies & TV

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cary (last edited Feb 06, 2009 06:10AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Hey Vampire Lovers what are your favorite vampire films. I personally like Bram Stokers Dracula, Underworld and Underworld 2 Rise of the Lycans, Blade,and really coolio "From Dusk Till Dawn" with George Clooney and Quintin directed by Quintin Terrintino.

message 2: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments When will vampires return to TV?

message 3: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm I watched Angel on TNT until they took it off thats they only Vampire TV show i've seen and i've seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer the movie

message 4: by Cary (last edited Feb 07, 2009 05:13AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments There was Moonlight for a little while last year. With Mick the good Vampire and Beth the reporter. It was real good. I am getting the last season of Buffy in DVD. Also the last season of Angel which I think was the best. When Spkie appeard at Angels office he was given by Wolf&Hart Yeah Angel was cool. I could also deal with him being a good vampire. Because before the Gypsies gave him a soul. He was the most ruthless fiend of a vampire around. Breaking peoples necks and bleeding down whole familys. Then he took Spikes girl Drucilla from her nunnery and tortured her till she became insane and then turned her. He was BAD! That's why I could deal with him being a hero and a good vampire. Especially when he did Buffy and it turned him into his old demonic self. Oh yeah Angel and Spike so totally rock.. Much cooler than the movie. The first vampire TV series was "Dark Shadows" with Barnabas Collins the vamp. It was so cheesy and had very little action. But it was a start that made Buffy the TV series possible. Moonlight was really good and it was the Hollywood writers strike that killed it. It came at a criticle time during the shows first dozen espisodes. One of my favorite Angel espisodes is The Necromancer.

message 5: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm OMG i totally agree Angel was a ruthless Vampire till he got a soul i loved his sire! She was amazing

message 6: by Cary (last edited Feb 07, 2009 05:21AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Oh yeah Darla was one foxy vamp chic and every bit as ruthless as Angel. She was great as Dexters disfuntional G.F. on "Dexter". Dexter the good guy serial killer. What will they come up with next. On Angel I love the episode where that vampire hunter is after them at their cottage which is on fire and Darla rides of on the only horse. Leaving Angel behind to deal with it. Last season of Angel is deffinitly the best when he gets an office furnished by Wolferman and Hart. He has clientel like the Devil himself and all kind of deamon clans. It had allot of old Buffy cast members like the Spike wandering around the office,the ditsy blond Harmony,and Andrew. I really loved those two shows Buffy and Angel. I really had high hopes for Moonlight. But now I bet they are going to make a TV series rather like Twilight. Just wait and see,LOL.

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (zombiecazz) How about True blood. That's a great new vampire TV series and is even getting a second series.

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Really how cool. I am in Tulsa OK and I have not seen it around here. Not even in the cable guide. Of course Tulsa is the middle of the Bible Belt and home to Oral Roberts. Tulsa misses out on allot of good stuff because of that mentality. We did not have Reno 911 until recently. Life in the howling wilderness of mid America,Oh joy!

message 9: by euuopewijd (last edited Mar 07, 2009 08:52PM) (new)

euuopewijd | 5 comments MOVIE
queen of the damned -sex, blood, and rock & roll.
the lost boys -bad vampire rebels, love 'em!
interview with the vampire -whats not to love? gorgeousness everywhere..
near dark -good storyline.. gothic vampires. need i say more
buffy the vampire slayer -not that great, but it started the series..
dracula: dead and loving it -funny, funny, funny
mr vampire aka geungsi sinsang -funniest movie i ever saw

TV

moonlight -actually it was my mom who followed the series, just got hooked too
buffy the vampire slayer - i like buffy than angel

message 10: by Cary (last edited Mar 09, 2009 10:44AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments I like Buffy better than Angel. However when they added some of the Buffy characters to Angel in its last season. Like Harmony&Spike,and occassional ghostly visits from Lilah. It really helped Angel out allot. Angels last season was perhaps it's best. Buffy had its ups and down. Buffys last season was also its best as far as I am conserned. I liked the season with Glory the goddess traped far from the hellfires of home,LOL. I hated the Buffy episodes with Riley her paramilitary boy friend. MoonLight had some real potential. Other than Mick St. James, Joseph the oldest vamp in L.A. was my fav. Beth was just a hot healthy looking blond whoo hoo! I really think that series had potential. It's is a shame it was killed by the writers strike. What can you say. I heard critics reviews of TrueBlood were not good. I watched the trailers on TrueBlood website and they rocked. What do critics know? It was very true to the book Dead Until Dark the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I hope it gets a second season. I have never seen anything but teaser clips, but the Sookie Stackhouse books rock. C

message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments I hear there is a Blade TV series coming out. Could be kewl.

message 12: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments TrueBlood on HBO is taken from the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire mysteries. It rocks and the first season is just like the book Dead Until Dark.

message 13: by Cary (last edited May 18, 2009 05:47AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Vampire Movies
From Dusk Till Dawn (One crazy cool Tarentino film)
Braum Stokers Dracula
Andy Warhols Dracula
Fearless Vampire Hunters(old Polanski film)
Blade
Near Dark
The Hunger
The Lost Boys
Dracula(Bella Lagosi) just for fun

message 14: by Cary (last edited Apr 29, 2009 04:42AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments This aint vampire movies or TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZc... Its vampire video Hadaway What is Love?

message 15: by Cary (last edited May 18, 2009 06:10AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments All freaking right!!!! They have finaly made a fairly true to the book movie of "Carmilla". http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1351631/ It is an English film about this legendary female vampire. The book is easily as good as Dracula and was written in 1872. It has just finished filming on location in the state of Styria, Romania. While some people interpret Carmilla as a Lesbian. For a story written in 1872 it is racy as hell. Way hotter than any vampire story I have read old or new. Carmilla is certainly all over Laura. In life she had boy friends. I think it was because it was a man that turned her she became attracked to women. This movie will be coming to art theatres soon.

message 16: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments http://www.myspace.com/dark_star_prod... This website on myspace has the trailers to the new "Carmilla" movie staring pop star Simon Kaye. XXX rated so close your eyes, LOL

message 17: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 16 comments Blade was a tv series a while back. I believe it is out on dvd. One of my favorite vamp shows was Forever Knight. Also loved Dark Shadows but that dates me a bit...

message 18: by Cary (last edited May 18, 2009 05:47AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Dark Shadows and Barnabas Collins was just to based in the soap opera school of TV. Nothing really wild or violent ever happened. They had a Jeckyl & Hyde. Also a were wolf episode on Dark Shadows but you never saw the were wolf. Only heard him howling or saw a shadow cast. You never saw Barnabas attack anyone. So allot was left up to your imagination. It took me awhile to even figure out Dark Shadows was about a vampire. I was just a kid.

message 19: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments The (Vampire Diaries)is an all new Vampire TV show that starts on the CW network this Fall. Where I live in Oklahoma that would be channel 19. Now there are two TV vampire shows. Vamps are cathcing on. For all of you who have been into vampires for awhile. "Long Live the Dead". Cary

message 20: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Alrwight yall lets get this party started. I got HBO just in time for season 2 premiere. This Saturday all day long daddio! When is the normal night and show time for TrueBlood? I thought the trailer looked pretty good for the premiere. It'll get cooking. I so totally dug it when Lonsome Vampire Bill said he loved Sooke as wasn't about to loose her. Go Bill go! LOL.

message 21: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M True Blood is on Sunday nights. I am not sure what time.

message 22: by Cary (last edited Jun 20, 2009 06:20AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments HBO True blood rerun of Season two primiere Nothing but the Blood Saturday 10:30pm. Season two episode 2 8:00pm Sunday.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

ive only seen one actual vamp movie, but i luved it, it was interview with the vapire... and now im really ticked, cuz i cant get my hands on a copy of the book, lol

message 24: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments If you have cable or satelite TV. HBO has Moonlight and Sookie Stackhouse. On channel 19 are the Vampire Diaries. I get all of them. Go rent a vampire movies on DVD and watch it on your computer.

message 25: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments They are showing reruns, and possibly new episodes of Moonlight on the Scifi channel 45,122,244 Fridays at 8:00pm.

message 26: by Cary (last edited Jun 26, 2009 10:43AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Ok two new Vampire genre movies I just watched on HBO. Thirty Days of Night which is two stars. It is more shock horror than a decent vampire movie. The vampires go to the North Pole where there are 30 days of night so they can have a feast on a government instllation. The vampires have remained hidden or dormant for hundreds of years until they have become nothing but a myth to humans. Real gorry and not much imagination but worth watching.
I Am Legend with Will Smith. I Am Legend is a great book to read. Charlton Heston did a movie version of it called The Omega Man. But nothing is as good as the original book. In the Will Smith version a scientist in New York called Nevil is the sole survivor of a virus with Vampiric charactaristics. People infected by the virous, are terminally allergic to sunlight, drink blood, super strong, extremely fast, and highly agressive. Every night Dr Neville has to lock down his whole house and lab and stay instide with his only friend a dog named Sam. Nevil himself is immune to the virus and from his blood creates a vacine. Which he passes on to a girl and her son who take it to the rest of mankind. Very good, extremely violent and nutty. While not being exactly about vampires it is pretty close, and I would say it is a Vampire genre story
The book version of I am Legend most certainly is Vampire by bacterial infection. with the virus turning every one into a Vampire like being or prey to them. Dr Nevil cannot find a cure and goes out hunting the Vampires every night. These Vampires are allergic to the sun, drink blood,avoid garlic, are strong,and must sleep at night. Dr. Nevill ruthlessly kills them by day, and with the same hate they attack his house every night. He meets a girl finaly one day in the streets of L.A. in the sunlight. She is a vampire who has the ability to withstand limited amounts of sunlight. She explains to Nevil that he must stop hunting them or he will be killed. Finally Nevil is overwhelmed and taken prisoner. In the vampires underground lair he discovers that they have their own society and see him as the monster in the night. He is scheduled for execution and the girl he had met brings him some pills to overdoes on. Dr Nevil takes them a starts pondering the reversal of roles, and the creation of a new species of human. To them he is the monster and the terrible beast. He dies on the edge of sanity laughing about the irony of it all. He is the legendary boggie man in the night.

message 27: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Moon Light tonight on Scifi change 8:00pm. See yah there.

message 28: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Man I am going to order a Fangtasia T shirt. Freaking Trueblood is so freaking good. The sound track and opening pictures are on fire. The witch with the big house and pool rolled this big freaking Dutch style cone shaped reefer of Marijuana that knocked Tara on her ass. LOL Sex, dope, vamps, murder, and mayhem. TrueBlood has all that good stuff. I just love Lonesome Vampire Bill. They make Eric even more ruthless than in the books. Sookie of course is hot as a firecracker. They need a younger Pam. But the Pam they have is OK. But Lafayette is a show stealer. That dude is one cool cat. Bet he doesn't sell any vamp blood any more after being tortured by Eric. I wonder what that confused boy Jason is gonna do. He just is bouncing back and forth like a ping pong ball. I hope they bring in the Weres soon. Yup True Blood is all that!

message 29: by Damon (new)

Damon Salvatore | 1 comments do you like The Vampire Daires ? i think it's a great vampire TV series. you must watch this. first season is finised. i guess second season will come in october. but i'm not sure about this. Is anyone know this ? if you know this please write here.

message 30: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 804 comments Each season when True Blood ends I start watching the Vampire Diaries. It ain't no True Blood but it is pretty good. I really like Damean. He is what a vampire should be. I like Damons old girl friend who looks just like Ellena. I dig Ellena and her sister. The X slave and witch Bonnnie Bennett aka Katerina Grahm rocks the house.

message 31: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 12 comments Cary, I do the same thing. After the first episode of Vampire Diaries I wasn't sure it was going to be any good, but I actually like it now. And yes, Damon is my FAVORITE character on the show - Love the good/evil battle going on there within himself. I think it's stupid though that Elena's Aunt is the only one who isn't "in" on the wole Vampire thing.