Advanced English, 2012-2013 discussion

What types of books are you hoping to read for this class? Be as specific as possible.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 19 comments Mod
The more specific you are, the more I can make this class pleasurable for you!

message 2: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments there was a lot of books that are good but the books i want to read is "Starters" and "Ashfall".I want to read "Starters" because it's seems like a really good enjoying,intense book to read and i probably will like it.I also want to read "Ashfall" because it's about these two kids live somewhere were all of a sudden they are having a Supper Volcano.It seems it's a really good book to read and see what happens next or what will they do and survive.I want to read these two books because they seem the right ones to read and also challenge my self.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth jimenez | 2 comments this book list contains many interesting books, but the one that pops out to me the most is "Th1rteen R3asons Why". in this class i'm hoping to read books that will inspire me to write more for my book. i'm also hoping to read books ill actually like and will keep me wanting to read.

message 4: by Danny (new)

Danny Velazquez | 6 comments There is really Great book but the one that cough my attention was "Night" is really interesting how you can read about what happen in real life. "Twisted" is sound like really nice how he has a crush on the daughter of your father enemy gives your a mystery to find out, "Novio" sound like a funny play that every one would love to read and following in his experience "A Step From Heaven" is a really nice book that is like a poem that describing her day and life

message 5: by Rafael (new)

Rafael Martinez | 2 comments there many books that i wanted to read but this book make me think but i didn't finish it and my brother and his friends did a short film of the book. the book name is ashes i relly like it.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

I am hoping that any of the books you choose or that we choose will impact your writing in some way, while at the same time give you a new perspective on life or other people. I will try to give you many options for reading in terms of both level and content. We most likely will start by choosing our own books because as I look over your lists, you guys have all chosen very different ones! Eventually, we will read some plays as well.

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian | 4 comments Well i dont know what book i would want to read but one of my favorite book was diary of the wimpy kids just to say i like comedy book well as i know but i would like to learn how to get into reading more.

message 8: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments Danny wrote: "There is really Great book but the one that cough my attention was "Night" is really interesting how you can read about what happen in real life. "Twisted" is sound like really nice how he has a cr..."
I agree with you, "Night" is a really good book and you will like what happens in each part of the book because it gets intense when you want to see what happens next.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Jonny wrote: "there was a lot of books that are good but the books i want to read is "Starters" and "Ashfall".I want to read "Starters" because it's seems like a really good enjoying,intense book to read and i p..."
Both of these are dystopias. Actually the author of Ashfall is coming on November 9th. I'll get you a field trip permission slip so you can meet him. It will be during 3rd block.

message 10: by Danny (new)

Danny Velazquez | 6 comments Darcy wrote: "The more specific you are, the more I can make this class pleasurable for you!"
why did the book ashfall caught your mind dose it sound like a really good book to read. the title sure sound interesting to find out why the book is call that way

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Jonny wrote: "Danny wrote: "There is really Great book but the one that cough my attention was "Night" is really interesting how you can read about what happen in real life. "Twisted" is sound like really nice h..."

We will be reading about the Holocaust for sure this year. You should choose Night when we get to that unit. You will love it. It is one of my all-time favorite books.

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Rafael wrote: "there many books that i wanted to read but this book make me think but i didn't finish it and my brother and his friends did a short film of the book. the book name is ashes i relly like it."

ASHES? We met the author of that book last year. You should read it. I have many copies.

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Danny wrote: "There is really Great book but the one that cough my attention was "Night" is really interesting how you can read about what happen in real life. "Twisted" is sound like really nice how he has a cr..."
We will read and perform NOVIO BOY. You will love it. Super funny. You'll also get the chance to read TWISTED during book circle units.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "this book list contains many interesting books, but the one that pops out to me the most is "Th1rteen R3asons Why". in this class i'm hoping to read books that will inspire me to write more for my ..."

I love that want to read books that will impact your writing. That is the total point!

message 15: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "this book list contains many interesting books, but the one that pops out to me the most is "Th1rteen R3asons Why". in this class i'm hoping to read books that will inspire me to write more for my ..."
I think this book is really good but wont read it but when you finsih book you should tell us how it was so maybe i can also read it as well in my free time

message 16: by Cristal (new)

Cristal | 2 comments I would like to read " Twisted " in this class or " Day Of Tears " it really doesn't matter but when I read the information the books seemed intresting.

message 17: by Abdoul (new)

Abdoul Zoure (abdoulzoure) | 7 comments I WANT TO READ A BOOK ROMANTIC,SUSPENSE,ACTION AND ESPECIALLY INTERESTING.AND ALSO BOOK WHO MEETS THE PAST HISTORY