Advanced English, 2012-2013 discussion

What is your ideal reading setting?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 19 comments Mod
Answer with 4+ sentences. Think about all five senses: sight, touch, sound, smell, and taste.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth jimenez | 2 comments my ideal reading setting .....
warmth,relaxation,silence, dim lighting
my ideal reading setting is where i can hear my thought within my head.i really enjoy reading before bed also because then i can dream of it, its as if im converting the book in to a little tv show that i resume every night.

message 3: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments My idea for me to read good is in a quiet place like my house and school library.Where i read in my house is in my room and how i read is laying in my bed with no sound so i don't get distracted.Also i like to read in the living room couch because you can lay down and have a good smell in the house and has like a good taste to smell like if you are in Hawaii hearing the ocean,smell,and taste.In the library i like to also read there because it's all quite and peaceful there.When i read in one of those two places and when i touch the book and start reading and have my sight focus on the book, i like to have no sound and have that feeling of the taste of the smell to enjoy my self.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian | 4 comments my ideal setting i would want my surroundings silent and comfortable because i wouldnt want to get distracted so i can be better at reading

message 5: by Darcy (new)

My ideal reading setting is in some place where I am comfortable (but not sooo comfortable that I fall asleep). I like to read on my sofa in the winter or at night or in a hammock in the summer during the day. I don't like much noise when I am reading. I like it to be silent, or I like to have just a bit of background noise ... but nothing too distracting like my favorite song or TV show. I also enjoy tea or coffee when I read. The perfect reading situation for me is when I lose total track of time because I am so engaged and into the book.

In class, I like the room to be quiet so that all students are able to read. Noise distracts some students, and I do not believe that anyone reads better when they are listening to songs they like on their iPod.

message 6: by Danny (new)

Danny Velazquez | 6 comments Where i find out were i can read more and really get deep into a book is were there is a silent place, that way you can focus more. to move were ever you feel more better, i like to read more during school like as 10 minute reading and after school in my own time. some music in the background is really nice to help your mind focus more and feel that you are the character that you are beginning to meet.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "my ideal reading setting .....
my ideal reading setting is where i can hear my thought within my head.i really enjoy reading before bed also because then i c..."

I agree about reading before bed! I do this too, and I love when I dream about the book I'm reading. When we were reading THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy last year, I dreamed of Katniss and Effie Trinket many nights. :)

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Brian wrote: "my ideal setting i would want my surroundings silent and comfortable because i wouldnt want to get distracted so i can be better at reading"
I like it to be quiet too. This is a good reminder to the rest of your classmates. Noise is distracting to many people.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Jonny wrote: "My idea for me to read good is in a quiet place like my house and school library.Where i read in my house is in my room and how i read is laying in my bed with no sound so i don't get distracted.Al..."
I like your Hawaii metaphor! I read in my hammock in the summer and imagine being on an island too.

message 10: by Abdoul (new)

Abdoul Zoure (abdoulzoure) | 7 comments I like to read in silence and without noise
I like to read in the nature
I like to read with my friends

message 11: by Rafael (new)

Rafael Martinez | 2 comments when i read it doesent mater if its loud or quiet but i read better if its quiet.

message 12: by Danny (new)

Danny Velazquez | 6 comments Brian wrote: "my ideal setting i would want my surroundings silent and comfortable because i wouldnt want to get distracted so i can be better at reading"

Tea and Coffee sure sound really good to going a really good book specially if you are in the winter makes it more enjoy full to read and just pending hours reading the book.

message 13: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "my ideal reading setting .....
my ideal reading setting is where i can hear my thought within my head.i really enjoy reading before bed also because then i c..."

i like when you said "my ideal reading setting is where i can hear my thought within my head" because thats how i like to read with silence

message 14: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Anguiano (JonnyBoyySwag) | 7 comments Brian wrote: "my ideal setting i would want my surroundings silent and comfortable because i wouldnt want to get distracted so i can be better at reading"
i agree with you on this,i like to read with silence and also be comfortable

message 15: by Cristal (new)

Cristal | 2 comments I agree with you Ms. Poquette 5 sense thingy & would read in a silent or in a library .

message 16: by Darcy (new)

Most of us like to read in silence. That is helpful! We will know what ground rules to set for when we are reading in class. Quiet and warm. :)