Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wren [t(he)y] (new)

Wren [t(he)y] (wrenreviewer) | 12 comments Hey! I liked Nevermore, hush hush, fallen, eyes like stars and many others. But I'm looking for suggestions on new books I might like to read. I like angels, fey, and goth boys the best. Suggestions?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely try out Angelfall and also Unearthly- they involve angels :)

message 3: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (ChiKittie) | 31 comments I would SO recommend: Immortal City (Immortal City, #1) by Scott Speer

This book is one of my fave book of this year.

message 4: by Wren [t(he)y] (new)

Wren [t(he)y] (wrenreviewer) | 12 comments On my to read list already. Thanks though. Other suggestions? Any books with goth boys?

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (coffeeshopreviews) This is YA, but it reads like an adult novel. Plus it has angels and bad galore! Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Smith (TinaSmith) | 9 comments Wolf Sirens
Free on smashwords
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you read The Ghost and the Goth? I haven't but it sounds like you'd like it :)

message 8: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Sep 30, 2012 04:38PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) You might like Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison with angels and reapers. Certainly not what I consider "goth" (author attempts and misses on the dark goth stuff with some wimpier fashion statements but does well rest of book including grim/dark angels/reapers). Some grim moments but lighter than Evermore in atmosphere.

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead has girl pining for darker older man and a gothic atmosphere. Not sure adult man counts as goth boy but so far an interesting series. Always an air that things can go goth/dark very quickly. Good guy vampires can turn quickly to bad guy ones.

Meridian (Fenestra, #1) by Amber Kizer atmosphere reminded me of Evermore.

Dead Radiance (Valkyrie, #1) by T.G. Ayer and cool new goth boy blows into town with an air of mystery...

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 69 comments October fantasy and paranormal romance releases: http://goo.gl/OMNy6

message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra Lochridge (debrakay86) | 3 comments Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "Definitely try out Angelfall and also Unearthly- they involve angels :)"

I second this! Well, except for Unearthly. That story didn't grab me like Angelfall.

message 11: by Cmkage (new)

Cmkage | 231 comments As far as angels go, I highly recommend the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh. I also liked Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Amanda0709) | 5 comments My highest recommendations go to the first Anita Blake novels by Laurell K Hamilton and the JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. I also just read Life and Death of Lily Drake and it was awesome, but there's only one of those, but I'd highly recommend it.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Ellerson | 7 comments Julia wrote: "Hey! I liked Nevermore, hush hush, fallen, eyes like stars and many others. But I'm looking for suggestions on new books I might like to read. I like angels, fey, and goth boys the best. Suggestions?"

I think you would the the fallen series by Lauren Kate:)

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne Ellerson | 7 comments Tina wrote: "Wolf Sirens
Free on smashwords
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/..."

What's it about?

message 15: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (PALupton) | 909 comments Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This is an awesome series.

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina Smith (TinaSmith) | 9 comments Julia wrote: "Hey! I liked Nevermore, hush hush, fallen, eyes like stars and many others. But I'm looking for suggestions on new books I might like to read. I like angels, fey, and goth boys the best. Suggestions?"

Wolf Sirens Forbidden Fantasy Romance Kindle FREE ON THE 24TH TO 26TH October Y/A http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GG06AS
UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sirens-Forbid...
Tweet it on thanks

Wolf Sirens Forbidden Discover the Legend Wolf Sirens Forbidden Discover the Legend by Tina Smith

message 17: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dneff21878) | 6 comments Hoping someone can help me find this..I read this book awhile back and can't remember the name of it. It was actually a book with several shorts in it. The one story I remember most was about a blind angel that was hiding away and a girl working in a kitchen at a boarding school. The angel (Michael or Raphael) was living in the head masters house, and she finds him. I for the life of me can't remember the book or author. I would love to reread this story and maybe check out the authors other works.

message 18: by Regie (new)

Regie (Kysmeth) | 23 comments Hi,
I remember reading this story, the girl sneaks in to help the angel and teaches him how to fly even though he is blind!!!
I don't remember the name, but I know I have somewhere in my library. Let me check for you, might take me a while (working mom of a baby and pre-schooler), but I promise to look as soon as I can. I'll keep you posted!

message 19: by Cmkage (new)

Cmkage | 231 comments Dawn wrote: "Hoping someone can help me find this..I read this book awhile back and can't remember the name of it. It was actually a book with several shorts in it. The one story I remember most was about a bli..."

Sounds like Angels of Darkness by Ilona Andrews. The novella you were describing was the one by Sharon Shinn, I believe.

message 20: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dneff21878) | 6 comments thank you cmkage, that was the one.

message 21: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy | 6 comments Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "Have you read The Ghost and the Goth? I haven't but it sounds like you'd like it :)"
I've read it, and canrecommend all three. :-)

message 22: by Debs (new)

Debs | 28 comments Lizzy wrote: "Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "Have you read The Ghost and the Goth? I haven't but it sounds like you'd like it :)"
I've read it, and canrecommend all three. :-)"

I am a slow reader but have you read the Discovery of witches, it is that good YOu have very late nights and a kindle or book attached to your hand I havent been like this in a while ?Debs