Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Revolution

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Did anyone watch this show last night?

It reminds me of a lot of popular dystopian books, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season :)

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments I recorded it - will watch this week soemtime

message 3: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments I missed it! I wanted to watch that, but I was thinking it started in October. Now I'm gonna have to try to find the rerun, lol.

Was it good?

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments I enjoyed it! I have these questions, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes :)

You can probably find online, try hulu

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece I'm going to have to catch it on Hulu :) My DVR didn't record from my iphone :(

message 6: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the suggestion, you guys. I really wanted to see it.

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Let us know what you think of it once you see it ;)

message 8: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Sheri | 12199 comments Mod
We watched it. Looking forward to more :)

message 9: by Julie (last edited Sep 18, 2012 01:19PM) (new)

Julie Reece Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the suggestion, you guys. I really wanted to see it."

Me too. I'm suprised TV hasn't caught on to the idea of making YA themed stories into shows the way movies have. You already have a following built in. Maybe I should have been a producer, lol ... Hmmm :) Christie, Five and Crux would be perfect TV shows, don't you think? ;)

message 10: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments Julie wrote: "Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the suggestion, you guys. I really..."

Ooh, I'd love to see Crux and Five on TV! That'd be awesome. Maybe you should take on a second career?

Naw, then I'd have to wait longer for your books to come out and I already miss your writing :)

I agree, though, I think CW already has a YA thing going, but more networks could really cash in if you ask me.

I was so mad when they cancelled The Secret Circle. Just when I was really getting into it, too.

The problem I see with TV is they don't seem to give a series enough of a chance to take off.

Okay, rant over. Great idea, Julie. Maybe some TV producer will take note. You never know :)

message 11: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 28 comments Saw the 1st episode about 2 weeks ago. Now I've gotta wait another week for episode 2.

Eric Kripke is one of the many people that inspired me to write and this is turning out to be just as good as fun as Supernatural.

I can't wait for more!!

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments They really don't. I think they are afriad to take risks in case advertisers bolt

message 13: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments Terri wrote: "They really don't. I think they are afriad to take risks in case advertisers bolt"

I can see their point, but what if they trash what could be a hit? Seems sad.

message 14: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 28 comments Julie wrote: "Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the suggestion, you guys. I really..."

I thought Vampire Academy would make a good TV show.

message 15: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments S.L.J. wrote: "Julie wrote: "Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the suggestion, you g..."

I totally agree, but I wonder if they are holding out the rights for a movie?

message 16: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 28 comments Christie wrote: "S.L.J. wrote: "Julie wrote: "Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. Thanks for the su..."

The rights have been brought for a movie but nobody is doing anything with them atm. Ben Barnes already turned down the offer to play Dimitri.

message 17: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 184 comments I DVRed it sat night but haven't watched it yet. I'm really excited about it, though, and can't wait until the kids go to bed tonight!

message 18: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 335 comments S.L.J. wrote: "Christie wrote: "S.L.J. wrote: "Julie wrote: "Christie wrote: "Why don't I keep better track of this stuff?! I wasn't even doing anything that I couldn't have delayed. UGH.

I'll look into hulu. ..."

Hmm. I'd love to see it as a movie. I hope they get serious about it.

message 19: by Richard (new)

Richard (amazoncomauthorricharddparker) | 183 comments I believe it's based on the book Dies the Fire (Emberverse, #1) by S.M. Stirling . The idea that all technology stops is the same anyhow. Pretty good read too, if anyone is interested.

message 20: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Richard wrote: "I believe it's based on the book Dies the Fire (Emberverse, #1) by S.M. Stirling. The idea that all technology stops is the same anyhow. Pretty good read too, if anyone is interested."

Good to know, Richard. I've added it to my to-read list

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I just saw an ad for this show, and I can't believe I've missed it! I want to set my DVR to record the series since I love dystopian stories.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiff0505) | 52 comments I must be in the minority but I didn't like this show even though I really wanted to! I just couldn't get into it for some reason I might give it another chance.

Did anyone catch the premiere of Arrow tonight on the cw or plan on catching beauty and the beast tomorrow after vampire diaries?

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) I was really excited about this show when I saw the trailer but severely disappointed upon watching it. I also love Eric Kripke too for the Supernatural series.

Unfortunately the acting in it is just too terrible to watch. I want to get into it, I really do but that main actress is way too forced.