New Freinds discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Hi new friends!

I'm Keta Diablo and I live in the Midwest portion of the US. I'm glad someone started this group -- good idea.

Can everyone introduce themselves and tell us a little about you? Or have you already done that somewhere and I missed it.

I'm a writer of erotica for multi-publishing houses. When I'm not writing, I love to read and garden. I see someone else on here loves animals. I do too and rescued Emma LaPounce from the local shelter last year hours before they were going to put her down. She's very happy in her new home and has been crowned "Queen of the Abode". She loves to lay by my computer mouse while I write. Maybe she takes the word "mouse" literally!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon to talk to you. In the meantime, please drop by my web site and enter my contest to win free books. I hold a drawing every month.

Namaste, Keta Diablo
http://www.ketadiablo.com

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) heyhey!

I'm Lauren, and I live in North Jersey. My two loves are my music and my books. And my friends! <3

I love fantasy and scifi, Harry Potter is my favorite. I want to write a really long epic book, but I need a good idea first.

message 3: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Hey, my name is hillary, i live in North Jersey. I'm a book fanatic! I read historical Fiction, Mystery and Fantasy (Faeries and stuff). I'm also a Junior in High School

message 4: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your answer. I'm happy to hear you want to write a book. It's a lot of hard work, but alot of fun too.

I write mostly historical, but I did write one fantasy, Dust and Moonlight. I would be happy to answer any of your questions as you begin this journey. Tell me what kind of epic you have in mind.

The best thing to do is read every thing you can about fantasy and sci-fi and see what made the book work. Study it, chapter by chapter and look at how the author constructed her/his characters and plot.

Well, you can get a hold of me if you have any more questions. Nice to talk to you.
Keta
www.ketadiablo.com

message 5: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Hill ♥ wrote: "Hey, my name is hillary, i live in North Jersey. I'm a book fanatic! I read historical Fiction, Mystery and Fantasy (Faeries and stuff). I'm also a Junior in High School"

Hi Hill,

Nice to meet you. Isn't high school fun? Another New Jersey person. Someone else was just from NJ and posted here.

I look forward to sharing and chatting with all of you in the coming weeks. What's everyone reading now?

Keta Diablo
fantasy and historical author

message 6: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm I'm reading a historical fiction about Italian Renassance, the main character is Mona lisa or Mondonna Elisabetta, its rly good, its a teen book. To tell you the truth i've had a bad freshman and now Junior year :( (faimly and friends make it that way) but other than that i love it!

message 7: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Oh and can you tell me a good book of yours? I'd really like to read one! :)

message 8: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) I write erotica, kind of racy, but if you like historical you could look at Decadent Deceptions or Land of Falling Stars, both historical and have had excellent reviews. My fantasy is Dust and Moonlight, a time travel.

Thanks alot for asking. Nice of you. Check them out here:

Decadent Deceptions, http://www.nobleromance.com

Dust and Moonlight, http://www.sirenpublishing.com

Land of Falling Stars, http://www.ravenousromance.com (Once Upon A Time category)

Let me know if you read one so I can get a review from you here on Goodreads.

Best, Keta

message 9: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm I will surley do that after i'm done with smile (book name) and i read pretty racy sexual books dn't wry i've read Rachel Gibson and other pretty racy novels :) dn't wry but when i'm done i'll tell you how i like them :D

message 10: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Thanks, Hill, and if I don't talk to you before, have a wonderful weekend and,

Stay safe, Keta

message 11: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Haha you too Keta!! ^_^

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Hey keta!

Idk, my favorite books are like Lord of the Rings, Eragon, Harry Potter, stuff that's in another world basically. But it's hard to think of an entire world.

message 13: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) I loved Eragon, and the author was so young when he wrote it. I liked the movie too! And loved Vigo in Lord of the Rings! You can do it girl.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I loved Aragorn too, but my current fav is Faramir. I cry every time I see Return of the King.
Thanks. :)
The Eragon movie though, it changed a lot from the book. Like his palm wasn't even silver.

message 15: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Hoopes | 2 comments hey guys,
I write books related to breathing, zen yoga and spirituality.
I also love writing fantasy and have written a number of short stories and am halfway through an epic novel.

I've studied martial arts for nearly 25 years and occasionally perform a Zen Sword Dance.

that's about it for now.
Aaron Hoopes

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Zen Sword Dance? That sound dangerous/cool. :)

message 17: by ♥ Kacy ♥ (new)

♥ Kacy ♥ hey im kacy from north jersey a junior in high school and right now starting an awesome book with my friend hill =) <3 my friends

message 18: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm WOOT WOOT!! Oh yea me u this weekend poss Sat WE R GETTING TOGETHER and writing more for that book i need more ideas for Nick and Chris and Jazmine and the other characters!!!

message 19: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Way to go, Hill. Just keep writing a little bit each day and soon you'll have a scene, then a chapter and later a book! Keep at it.

message 20: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Hoopes | 2 comments Here is a short clip of a Zen Sword Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEtq7a...

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 07, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

Hello My name is Cami. I am a published short story writer that is workin on a novel "Little Siddartha." I build houses' for a living. Play Jazz on flute and piano and Love to play Sports. I am very spiritual and believe in Jesus and Buddha. No church for me though. That is me. Thank you.

message 22: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm

Haha thnx my friend Kacy is helping we have the two BIG characters almost done and i have ideas for scenes i keep a pad by my bed incase i wake up with a good idea or i just go off in a daze and an idea comes to me.... i have like 3 things for scenes so far

message 23: by ♥ Kacy ♥ (new)

♥ Kacy ♥ lol yeah we should get 2gether soon and create more lol

message 24: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm yeaa we should! lets try this weekend GIVE YOUR PARENTS A HEADS UP!!

message 25: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Isreal wrote: "Hello My name is Cami. I am a published short story writer that is workin on a novel "Little Siddartha." I build houses' for a living. Play Jazz on flute and piano and Love to play Sports. I am ve..."

Welcome, Cami
Nice to have you here.
Keta

message 26: by ♥ Kacy ♥ (new)

♥ Kacy ♥ lol yeah its kinda getting hard considering im in robotics also now

message 27: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Yes Welcome! :) its seems like everyone here is either an author or like me and kacy an aspiring author!

message 28: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Hannah,

It does sound beautiful. I have always heard that Oregon is lovely. To be able to look at mountains every day is great. And waterfalls == you are lucky.

Keta

message 29: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol yeah mountains are pretty cool, here some of em are covered in snow year round, its soooo pretty in the summer time.

message 30: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Ruby? I thought you were Hannah. Are you friends? Wow this list is really growing and I'm so happy to see that young people are into books. We can thank Stephanie Myers and her Twilight series for that!

You youngsters should go look at my web site and my books when you get a minute. I have a fantasy/time travel out right now that you would love! Called Dust and Moonlight.

Go here to read more about it: http://www.ketadiablo.com. And while you're there, girls, enter my contest form to win FREE books. I give them away every month. And sign my guestbook so I know you were there. Thank you KINDLY!

Course I write erotica, so you have to be old enough to read it. (lol)

Best Keta

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Keta wrote: We can thank Stephanie Myers and her Twilight series for ..."

Though I love Twilight, really it all started reading Harry Potter, all the way back in 1st grade. :) I absolutely love Harry Potter.

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Aaron wrote: "Here is a short clip of a Zen Sword Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEtq7a...
"

That was beastly. :)

message 33: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol Keta, no I've never met Hannah, and yes she brought up the subject of mountains originally. I live in Alaska so mountains aren't exactly new to me.

and sure I'll check out the website. (BTW i read twilight and it was awesome but, I've been reading pretty much since I was born lol)

message 34: by Keta (new)

Keta (ketadiablo) Hi Ruby (love the name)

I'm going to have to use the name "Ruby' as a character in one of my books. Kewl name!

Alaska? That sounds beautiful too. I live in the Midwest and it's been very cold here in the last several months. Now it's starting to warm up. We don't have mountains, but we have thousands of lakes and streams.

SO nice to meet you.
Keta
www.ketadiablo.com

message 35: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm WOW Alaska!! Do you like it there??

message 36: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol nice to meet you too Keta, (thanks i guess about the name, ppl say it suits me)

lol Hill, yeah its awesome, i love how even our "biggest" cities are small and everything is spread out. ex: i live in a tiny, tiny, town that is only 90 miles from Canada (yikes! lol) and the closest city to me is a 4-5 hr drive, (aka 200 miles). basically im used to being in a car, for a long, long time lol

message 37: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm OUCH but OMG its sounds so cool and amazing!! How cold does it get?!?

message 38: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol yeah i kno rite!!! ummmmm i live in the interior like i said so all of our temps., are really extreme so in summer it gets really hot and winter it gets really cold. this winter we had a 2 week span where it was -67 to -77 degrees. latley its been kinda warming up but its still gets like -30 at nite.

message 39: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm OMG that stinks!! And here i thought it got rly cold in Jersey!!

message 40: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol yeah it kinda does suck. rite now im just happy that it isnt the dry cold. then it gets hard to beathe and it feels like ur lungs r freezing....yeah waiting for a ride in that is fun lemme tell ya. lol

message 41: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments ((sry bout that i love being dramatic, haha. it does suck tho.)) lol

the summers are sooo awesome tho. it can up to +80 its soooo nice lol

message 42: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm wow!! ouch that stinks!!!!

message 43: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol yeah i wouldnt rather live pretty much any place else, for right now anyways

message 44: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm haha but then when it hist summer you like it?

message 45: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments yeah its the best, when i said right now i meant b/c im still in high school and im not really working. i love alaska anyway.

message 46: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm ah i c i have a job and i'm a junior in hs and im rly not loving hs

message 47: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments lol yeah i soooo get what u mean. how big is ur school?

message 48: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm holds like 1200 students what grade are you in?

message 49: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 62 comments im freshman. my school is only 300 ppl, K-12 (including staff)

message 50: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THATS SOOO SMALL!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5