Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

A Perfect Blood Bonus Scene

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Soooo I decided to go check to see if the Harper Voyager "browse Inside" Function was up yet for the paperback of APB. It's up, but the bonus scene is not.

However . . .

I did a search on Trent's name, and it showed up in searches, with the words around it. You can't read the whole scene but it'll say something like "And then Trent walked". Reading those few words was easy to figure out what scene it was. If you want to be spoiled . . (view spoiler) I wanna read it SO BAD! :)

http://www.harpercollins.com/browsein...

message 2: by TWiser (new)

TWiser I'm totally impatient too! If you look up Rachel and Algarlairept too you get just a bit more.

message 3: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments you guys are good but I'm finding nothing!

message 4: by TWiser (new)

TWiser there's a search the book and you put in a word and get snippets

message 5: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments thanks for the tip

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 11 comments Ok, that worked! I searched Trent and got to where the pages stopped. It went from page 497 to page 501. Looks like this is where it's his POV. How cool!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I read the hardcover and have that one. Maybe one day will get the paperback version as well for the extra and to have two sets. Will need more extra spending money to do that sort of thing though! Did some searches for fun and saw some scenes I remembered.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) I had a feeling it would be that scene too. It's not really done in first person POV though, is it? It doesn't seem like it is from the snippets I can see. Still very excited to read the whole thing though.

message 9: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments No it looks like it's third person.

message 10: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments well third person, but still Trent's POV.

message 11: by Kritchie (new)

Kritchie | 126 comments I wish someone would just post the extra bit from APB since I have tried and tried the links but with Mozilla I seem to get nothing. I own the hardback and would love to know extra about Trent and Rachel! Please anyone?

message 12: by Kritchie (new)

Kritchie | 126 comments ★Jennypher★ wrote: "Ok, that worked! I searched Trent and got to where the pages stopped. It went from page 497 to page 501. Looks like this is where it's his POV. How cool!"

How did you search? I still get nothing.

message 13: by Kritchie (new)

Kritchie | 126 comments Zeenat wrote: "Soooo I decided to go check to see if the Harper Voyager "browse Inside" Function was up yet for the paperback of APB. It's up, but the bonus scene is not.

However . . .

I did a search on Trent..."

Wonder if it will be in paperback or on Kim's Drama page?

message 14: by TWiser (new)

TWiser it will be in the pb that comes out Tuesday

message 15: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I don't think you can just read the chapter now, the pages are unavailable. I'll probably hang out at a bookstore and read the last chapter. Although Kim did say it should be readable on the "browse inside" website eventually . . . it's just not up right now.

message 16: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments I'm getting sooo excited for Ever After but this will be a good tide over till then.

message 17: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I know! between this and the novella, I can probably hold on till January ;)

message 18: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments Who's going to read the first chapters, if they release them again this year? I know I'll cheat. I so hope that this is the book where we see Trent and Rachel hook up! The slow burn is killing me

message 19: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I read the first chapter in the pet shop boys thingy lol

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 20: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments so you can buy the kindle and nook version of the paperback with the bonus scene in the back. I was crazy enough to buy it again just to have the scene lol

message 21: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments Zeenat wrote: "so you can buy the kindle and nook version of the paperback with the bonus scene in the back. I was crazy enough to buy it again just to have the scene lol"

was it worth it? I must read this!

message 22: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments IT WAS AWESOME!! I loved it. I read it 3 times.

message 23: by Cher (new)

Cher | 80 comments I have a feeling I'm going to love Trent more after this!!

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 26 comments I read some responses on Kim's website and now I am so excited! I'm going later today to read it in the store isle.

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 11 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "My feelings in a nutshell:
http://vampirenovelfan.wordpress.com/..."

OMG is right! I haven't read it yet but your blog post just made me shiver...

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Holy hell! That chapter was awesome! Trent needs to let that passion loose, lol.

message 28: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 26 comments I completely agree Veronica! It was so good I must have looked like a smiling baffoon standing there reading it.

message 29: by VampireNovelFan (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments I'm steadily adding links to where you can read it for free on my blog.

message 30: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 2 comments ok i dont get it i went to the b and n sight logged in and everything and i can read the first couple of chapter of the book so where do you read the bonus scene its not there.

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 26 comments Gemma, the bonus scene and Ever after chapter are in the very back of the book.

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 11 comments MADE MY DAY!

message 33: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments oooo sooo, I have to discuss the chapter! Little spoilers ahead (view spoiler)

And a big spoiler (view spoiler)

message 34: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) How do you tag spoilers here? I'd love to discuss it too.

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Jessica wrote: "I completely agree Veronica! It was so good I must have looked like a smiling baffoon standing there reading it."

Totally. I read it yesterday at work (ran out on my lunch hour) and I was grinning like a fool. My co-workers kept asking me if was okay. Ha!

message 36: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Veronica, you do < spoiler > put your sentence here < / spoiler >

without the spaces though. I use preview to make sure I did it right. You can also click on "some html is ok" and they'll tell you what you can do :)

message 37: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Thanks Zeenat. I loved seeing Rachel through Trent's eyes. I don't think we necessarily learned anything about Rachel's relationship with Al that we didn't already know but how he sees Rachel (view spoiler) was very nice.

(view spoiler)

I still almost can't believe that Kim wrote this. It's real, not some fanfiction. This is canon people!

message 38: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracyw) | 22 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "I'm steadily adding links to where you can read it for free on my blog."

Thanks for that!

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 11 comments Just finished...sigh...she can't possibly give us that and then take it away...

message 40: by Zeenat (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I always thought Trent was a romantic underneath that cold veneer. I mean only a romantic guy would dream about an outdoor, moonlit wedding! (My husband goes, or any wedding for that matter lol)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 11 comments Zeenat wrote: "I always thought Trent was a romantic underneath that cold veneer. I mean only a romantic guy would dream about an outdoor, moonlit wedding! (My husband goes, or any wedding for that matter lol)"

True story!!

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 26 comments Thought you would all want to know that Barnes & Noble has the bonus scene and Ever After chapter on their website!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/...

message 43: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Okay, Kim just confirmed on her site that there *will* be a kiss for Rachel in EA. Dare we hope?

message 44: by VampireNovelFan (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments Veronica G. wrote: "Okay, Kim just confirmed on her site that there *will* be a kiss for Rachel in EA. Dare we hope?"

I want to, but seeing as she kissed four people in Pale Demon I've decided not to get my hopes up...to much.

message 45: by Veronica (last edited Sep 27, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) True, BUT let's examine the evidence, lol. She kissed four people in PD but only one of those kisses continues to haunt her memories. Aaaand, according to this bonus chapter, we know that Trent had a strong desire to kiss her again. So there's that.

Also, Kim has all but said that Ivy has moved on (to Nina?) and that Rachel and Al isn't going to happen either. So far, the only ship Kim hasn't spoken about in a "it ain't gonna happen" tone is Rachel/Trent.

So I don't think there will be any kisses with Ivy or Al in the next book. I could maybe see a kiss with Pierce, when he sees her alive for the first time, but he's the only other one that would make sense.

I will add though that since Kim has confirmed that Rachel will find her HEA in book 12, I would expect that *something* will happen in EA to nudge things in that direction, even just a little bit. So yeah, this is me hoping that Trent is moved to just grab Rachel and plant a good one on her. lol

message 46: by Zeenat (last edited Sep 27, 2012 09:35AM) (new)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I don't know, I think Kim is being convinced that Al and Rachel could work too, LOL there are a lot of Al fans out there and she seems to have softened towards that POV.

I can see another kiss happening with Al or Pierce, but in my dream world Rachel rescues Trent's kid and in the happy reunion moment, kisses rachel. ha ha :)

message 47: by Veronica (last edited Sep 27, 2012 10:17AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Hmm, I guess I just haven't interpreted anything Kim has said in regards to his relationship with Rachel as being anywhere close to romantic in nature - from Rachel's side anyway. I know she had a response on her site where she out and out said that Rachel just doesn't feel that way about him and he knows it. I looked for it but it must've fallen off her site and there really haven't been any other Rachel/Al questions lately asking about their romantic possibilities. I'm not saying it's impossible because ultimately Kim can write whatever she wants, but IMO there has been absolutely nothing written in the text that would point to Rachel thinking of Al in those terms. It's not his body that she keeps ogling, his hair that she keeps remembering the feel of, or his kiss that she keeps replaying in her head. lol

I like your scenario for a possible Rachel/Trent kiss in EA. I totally support that!

message 48: by VampireNovelFan (new)

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments There's a possibility she'll kiss more than one person again too.

message 49: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannibal) | 61 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "There's a possibility she'll kiss more than one person again too."

I like THAT possibility the best. :)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Finally was able to read these from Harpers website. Loved the story from Trents POV, although sometimes it felt almost a little unnatural, hard to describe. The first chapter of Ever After looks promising, can't wait!

« previous 1