What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 80s-90s Post-Nuclear War Based on "WarDay"

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 3 comments I got this book second hand in a set that did contain the book "Warday". I thought they were all tied together, but reading Amazon and other information it appears it was not a true sequal. However, I thought I remember on the cover of the book something to do with the being a sequal to "warday" or based on "warday novel.
Anyway, here is what i remember the novel to be about:
It is set a few years after "Warday" and the USSR has invaded the United States. The charater in the storey describes where he was on war day, and has a twin brother and they married twin sisters. Evently they brothers meet up and determine each other was having an affair with the others wife. The Main character continues to fight the Russians in gurilla tactics and eventually becomes quite the soldier.
I hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Help me clarify: Warday - is this the book you're relating the mystery book to? And have you looked at all the author's books? Whitley Strieber

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 3 comments Yes, Warday is the book I am sure is like the first book in the series. but I cannot find any books under that author about following books. Hope someone can help.

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Well, there's this: War Day and the Journey Onward

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments looks like that's just the longer title of it...it's sitll just WarDay

message 6: by Andria (last edited Jan 16, 2013 12:58PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Maybe this? Nature's End

From wikipedia: "During the book tour surrounding the release of Warday, both Strieber and Kunetka hinted that they were planning a sequel in which the two would venture overseas and reveal how Western Europe, Africa, China, Japan, and the remnants of the Soviet Union fared ten years after the limited exchange.[1] However, both writers instead released Nature's End, and then ceased writing together for reasons neither have explained."

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments that's a different apocalypse by the same authors ;)

message 8: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jan 16, 2013 01:38PM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Is this the book you were thinking of? Nature's End by James W. Kunetka Nature's End

I thought of it because I remember the covers looking the same. Warday by Whitley Strieber

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments nature's end has nothing about nuclear war and/or russians

message 10: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Sorry for the extra post about Nature's end. I had the message up and I didn't think to refresh it before I posted.

message 11: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 3 comments Looks like I will never find it:( There was basically two more spin off books that were based off war day or very similar. I hope ill find em one day!

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Patrick, don't give up hope. Just occassionally (maybe every 4-6 weeks or so) bump it so that people see it and keep it in their minds.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Patrick are you still looking for this book?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments There's also a big list of nuclear war books, if you've got the time you can try looking at each title in here:

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/nuclear...

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
No response from Patrick in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 16: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2087 comments Patrick wrote: "I got this book second hand in a set that did contain the book "Warday". I thought they were all tied together, but reading Amazon and other information it appears it was not a true sequal. However..."

Could you be thinking of Dean Ing's Ted Quantrill series, which took General Sir John Hackett's "The Third World War: August 1985" as its starting point?