Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library discussion

Hush Podcast Discussions > Dystopian Fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thad (new)

Thad | 31 comments Mod
If you liked The Hunger Games, Divergent, or any other dystopian novel, then you need to listen to the latest episode of Hush for a discussion of these books and many more. What's your favorite dystopian book?

message 2: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellismith) | 183 comments Mod
My favorite dystopian book would be Brave New World by Huxley. I was assigned to read it in high school and loved it! I also wanted to throw out a dystopian movie favorite, V for Vendetta.

Another movie suggestion based off of a P.D. James book that I haven't read is Children of Men. It takes place over in England or elsewhere in the UK under the assumption that the human race can no longer reproduce.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 212 comments I read Brave New World in Western Civ. in college. I'm thinking about re-reading it because I'm not sure how much I got out of it then. I had to read a book a week for that class and sometimes I just got out of it what I had to for the paper and exam.

This is a new section for me to discover. I've given The Hunger Games series, Divergent series, and Ready Player One a Try and enjoyed them. Once a genres I had avoided, but while not exactly embracing one I can appreciate.

message 4: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellismith) | 183 comments Mod
I found an interesting graphic posted to a Goodreads blog on dystopian fiction. It examines the genres popularity over the years. Click on the link below if you're interested.

http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/35...

Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brave New World (other topics)