Writing Passionates discussion

What's the funniest thing you ever did to a character?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 42 comments I was curious because after alot of seriousness in my series I decided to stick one of my bad a$$ main characters with a brat of a ward, and the kid wraps his charger in plastic wrap, then puts flakes of stirofoam in his vent so when he turns the car on it 'snows' over him. Anyone do somethign like that?

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
lol. hmm ... i'll have to think about that one.

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller *ponders evil things I've done*

I'm actually pretty nice to my characters...

Oh, wait, I've got it. Well, it wasn't really funny, but I made a forest catch fire while my MC was having her first kiss so it kind of ruined the cheesy-ness of the moment.

But it really wasn't that funny.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol I made a total fool of my character in Fyre.
But . . . it's sorta wierd. So she's like this whole villainy, goth, powerful type person, and she puts on a white and pink dress and everyone makes fun of her. *shrugs* That's about as bad as it gets.

message 5: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Uh . . . Poor Circira, I turn her green, and do a lot of more awful things to her.

message 6: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1770 comments LOL...green

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i don't do too many embarrassing things to my characters ... mostly i just do horrible things to them, like making them get stabbed or something. urrrgh. O_o

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
same here. i torture my characters, but don't really make embarrassing things happen to them. just painful things. 0.0

message 9: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Hmm ... well, Trent burns everything he cooks. IDK if that's really funny, though....

OH! Andrea dumped Daniel's dinner on him when she got PO-ed, and then topped it off with some diet coke.

message 10: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

Roni (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
LOL Ah... that was an amusing moment.

GO VINCE!!!

(sorry, sorry random side note)

Hmmm, probably the worst thing that I've done to any of my characters was make her see a dead man and then lose total control of her body, then later on in the story... she erm, gets drunk and sleeps with the man that she hates, then five months later, figures out that she's pregnant. I'M SORRY CONSTANCE IT HAD TO BE DONE! IT WAS PART OF THE STORY! DON'T BLAME ME!!! *eyes widen in fear* CONSTANCE!!! PUT THAT BASEBALL BAT DOWN NOW!!! *mutters* oh sh** *runs away frantically, shouting* YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING AT THIS SORT OF SPEED! IT MIGHT BE BAD FOR THE BABY!!!

message 11: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments "GO VINCE!!!"? What?

Okay....

LOL, Roni! RUN!! Constance, you're hurting the baby!

message 12: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

oh. Well, since I'm wearing that tee-shirt today... I'm being a supporter of vince!

message 13: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Oh, right! Tee-hee. GO DANIEL!

message 14: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Kenzie wrote: "Hmm ... well, Trent burns everything he cooks. IDK if that's really funny, though....

OH! Andrea dumped Daniel's dinner on him when she got PO-ed, and then topped it off with some diet coke."

THAT was hilarious.

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 49 comments i made my MC run through a a really dry cornfield at night with sparkly, delicate flats on her feet. so there's all the rocks and dust and stuff... it amuses me to put my charries in painful situations... ^.^

message 16: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

Ah, 'tis quite amusing. :)

message 17: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Tink it WAS hilarious!! haha XD

message 18: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 42 comments lol...ya I'm usually really mean to my characters. they've been beaten, tortured and such...and that's on a good day. I had fun with the prank stuff though, it was a fresh change. I kept giggling thinking of my hot man grabbing the kid like Homer does to Bart in the simpsons (ofcourse he didn't but it was an amusing thought) ;)

message 19: by Carole (new)

Carole B (caroleaburkett) | 127 comments Just a few days ago I wrote a scene where my main, tomboyish character ties the laces of her corset together and puts them around a bedpost, then walks away, to tighten her corset, because no one is around to do it for her. She passes out on the floor. It's very entertaining because she's usually so independent, it was hilarious. Oh, and then her sister's gentlemen friends come up and see her sprawled on the floor, unconscious. It's great.

message 20: by Brigid ✩ (new)

wooow. :D haha

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

now i feel like my writing is so empty of humor ... idk. I guess Injection has a few funny moments, but I feel like, for the most part, my writing's pretty gloomy. lol

message 22: by Carole (new)

Carole B (caroleaburkett) | 127 comments I used to think I was completely incapable of writing humor, but I experimented with a couple stories (see Lou, not Louise, and A Large World{tacky title, I knows}) that I really let my twisted, crazy sense of humor through, and it's easier now.

message 23: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller LOL Yeah I think my characters can be funny (like Raven) but my stories aren't really that funny.

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah ... i have some funny characters, just not funny PLOTS ><

message 25: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Yeah me too.

message 26: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1770 comments yeah me too....well other thant the elsworth chronicles

message 27: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yeah, same here. My writing isn't really funny...

Brigid, there were a lot of parts in Injection that were hilarious...seriously, I was cracking up whenever Danika said something really funny. XD Plus Alyx's sarcasm made me smile. :D OMG, but the funniest thing ever- “Ohmigosh, this is awesome! You guys are going to have such cute babies!” I couldn't stop laughing. XD

message 28: by Roni, What the neck!? (new)

LOL sounds funny.

My writing tends to be more serious, as I tend to have stuff that is 3/4 realistic fiction with, well, I guess a bit of fantasy, because it the realistic fiction has an unreal element to it. Like Kurt. mmm, I like Crazy Kurt. Well, I like how he became Crazy. Sort of...

Actuyally, that's probably the worst thing that I've ever done to a character, and that is the climax of the story. I'm thinking.... OMG!!!!

message 29: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Sella wrote: "Yeah, same here. My writing isn't really funny...

Brigid, there were a lot of parts in Injection that were hilarious...seriously, I was cracking up whenever Danika said something really funny. X..."

oh yeah ... Danika. omg, i luv her. hahahaha. "cute babies" hahaha. XD

message 30: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller LOL. She's funny.

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

^_^

message 32: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 13 comments lol funny!!!

umm, well i have some funny parts, but like nothing happens thats especially goofy to my characters. I have bad things happen to them, but not usually goofy/funny. hmm... can't think of any. : /

message 33: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller LOL