Comic Books discussion

The Go**amn Batman! > Batman: The Dark Knight (movie)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Morrison (vcm29a) | 3 comments Mod
What are your thoughts on Heath Ledger as The Joker?

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments personally, i was hesitant at first, but i am pleasantly surprised with the promo poster pics new trailer

still not to fond of the new batman vehicle, though, hehe

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick Jones (NickJones) | 1 comments Whenever you have this much hype around a movie, it makes me a bit nervous. The expectations are HIGH... especially for new-comer, Heath Ledger. Two years ago, if you were sitting around thinking about the perfect Hollywood actor to take on the Joker role, I don't think Heath's name would have come up. Personally, from the trailers and promos, I think he nailed it. For comics fans (people that actually know the Joker character), I think we'll see a true depiction of the twisted sociopath that is Joker; something the movies or tv really hasn't shown. 1989, Jack Nicholson was great, but the tone far too light. The Joker is one messed up, murderous bastard. Heath can take it... c'mon, look at Brokeback :-P Ok, that was a stretch. That's enough out of me. What do you guys think?

message 4: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 1 comments I think Heath Ledger will be great as The Joker. The trailer shown was great. It showed a different Joker unlike we've seen before in wither the TV series, cartoon or the Tim Burton movie.

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments with the movie coming out next week, i think that many people will have some interesting things to say.

however, i have heard from my sister's friend that already viewed the movie as a screener that the movie is great.

please let the group know your thoughts when/if you see the movie.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Gill | 6 comments I've got my tickets for Saturday to see the Dark Knight in Imax. Really looking forward to it, I think I will watch the first movie again as a refresher.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments very cool. btw, does that imax happen to be the one in irvine, ca?

i am going to see the movie tonight and hopefully the crowd isn't annoying (my other experiences with midnight showings were rather undesirable)

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Gill | 6 comments No I'm on the other side of the country. My Imax is in Nyack,NY

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments oh ok, just checking.

btw, dark knight is AWESOME! it really does not disappoint at all. be prepared for a superhero movie better than ironman (and i really liked ironman). btw, heath ledger is masterful.

message 10: by Qiana (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:35AM) (new)

Qiana Whitted I couldn't agree more, Eric! Loved every minute. Would also be very interested to hear what people think about the Watchmen trailer - I'm a little worried - but maybe that's for another thread...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The Dark Knight was honestly the best movie I have ever seen! The batpod is amazing when it comes out of the Tumbler and the Joker was amazing! Heath Ledger deserves an oscar and Aaron Echhart was great as the two face!

message 12: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments not sure if i agree with the batpod (not a fan), but i do sincerely agree that ledger as of now should win an oscar (especially if he is categorized as a supporting actor). he truly capture the mix of creepiness/comic relief that joker is

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

How could you not be fan of the Tumbler though Eric? Its based off of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns batmobile. Christopher Nolan said they wanted one like Miller's and made it look tank like

message 14: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments wait, first off i respect your opinion. don tget me wrong.

secondly, i am not a fan of the batpod (motorcycle vehicle). i am so so with the tumbler.

third, i dont really parallel the tumbler with dark knight returns tank. its probably just me.

fourth have a nice day (to everyone), hehe

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) So I went to see The Dark Knight the other day. It was almost 2 hours into the movie when the screen went blank and the lights came on. They were evacuating the building because there had been a bomb threat. It turned out to be nothing, but now I’m going nuts because it will be another three or four days until I can get back to the theatre and finish it.

message 16: by Bob (new)

Bob I thought Heath Ledger played the best Joker ever. He captured the essence of the evil and insanity that is the Joker.