Vampire Books Fans, Fangs and Writers discussion

Suzie and the Monsters: A Fairytale of Blood, Sex and Inhumanity
This topic is about Suzie and the Monsters
New Vampire books just out > Suzie and the Monsters

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments My new novel is now available for the Kindle. This will be free Wed-Fri this week.

Suzie Kew, vengeful vampire, capricious lover, and disciple of the Dark Goddess, is enjoying eternity as a woman of the twenty first century. It's March 2012, London, and Suzie's out for blood, causing mischief as she goes, but her life is about to get very complicated...

Suzie and the Monsters A Fairytale of Blood, Sex and Inhumanity by Francis James Franklin

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CKE9T2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009CKE9T2

message 2: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Okay: free for the next 71 hours - reviews welcome!

She laughs. 'I can't believe how human vampires really are. Do we have any special powers?'

'You mean apart from eternal youth and perfect healing?'

'Yeah, like, can we turn into bats and wolves and mist?'

'No, but you can wear six-inch heels all day every day without worrying about damage to your spine.'

message 3: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Top 20 in (free) Contemporary Fantasy! (I'm so happy.)
- just waiting now for the negative reviews to start rolling in...

message 4: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Well, I have got one negative review so far, but I love it to bits. See:
http://alinameridon.wordpress.com/201...

But I have also had a couple of really nice reviews. I'm currently doing a Read 2 Review. If anyone here wants to join in, let me know. I'm willing to give a few copies away in exchange for reviews.

Be warned, however, there is explicit sexual and other adult content.

message 5: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "Well, I have got one negative review so far, but I love it to bits. See:
http://alinameridon.wordpress.com/201...

But I have also had a couple of really nice reviews...."

I don't have that network. I have word pres, but not dot com. I really would like to read your book. Can I ask you something unrelated to this? If so please let me know.

message 6: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Of course you can.

I don't have that network. I have word pres, but not dot com.
Just click on the link.

message 7: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments I did. How much is there to read, cause I could have missed it. I'm having a problem with, saving, favorite stories. Pages keep going away. Says something like, internet can't show this. Why, they ere all there when I put them on my fave list? I know you are busy, but I just like to know if that is common, or am I doing something wrong?

message 8: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments Hmm... Here's what I think the problem may be:

One of the problems with bookmarks / favorites is that they save too much information.

Many websites try and keep track of you as you visit them, and if you look at the address, it can get very long because this is where all that information is stored.

Unfortunately, this means that when you return to a favorite, the website gets confused because the information you're asking it for doesn't match who it thinks you are.

The only way around this is to edit the address...

As an example, I've just looked up a book on Amazon and the address is:

http://www.amazon.com/Love-ebook/dp/B002RKTL6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1354663972&sr=1-1&keywords=love

which is quite a mouthful (but actually very short compared to what some websites will create), and it may work for you, but I can shorten that to:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RKTL6K

and be much more certain that it will work for you.

I'm enough of a nerd to do things like this, but I don't know whether there's a simpler solution for non-nerdy people.

message 9: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Nerd huh! Would I need to do that on every page, thats missing? I'm going to wright all of that down, & try, but please ans. question first. I read what you had, on word press. It sounds interesting. Is it out yet?

message 10: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I've replied there... but wasn't quite sure what you were asking for. Suzie and the Monsters is only available as an e-book for now, with no plans to hit the shelves as a paperback... sorry.

If you would like a copy of Suzie and the Monsters to read, I'm happy to send a voucher. I do recommend you check the reviews on goodreads first, however...

message 11: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "I've replied there... but wasn't quite sure what you were asking for. Suzie and the Monsters is only available as an e-book for now, with no plans to hit the shelves as a paperback... sorry.

If yo..."

I don't have an E-book, so that's out.Sorry. I like the smell of a book & the feel in my hands. I know its crazy, but then again, so am I. HA! HA!

message 12: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Francis wrote: "Hmm... Here's what I think the problem may be:

One of the problems with bookmarks / favorites is that they save too much information.

Many websites try and keep track of you as you visit them, an..."

What I saved isn't finished, so not for sale.

message 13: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments I know what you mean about books, but I'm getting used to e-Books.
Maybe I'll get very lucky and a real publisher will like my books... who knows.

message 14: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments Stranger things have happened. It does look very interesting though. What I tried to get on my fave list, is another ver of Midnight Sun. Steph, has 1, on her site,& it's different from the first that she ingon here. Now there is another version, different from the 1 she has on her site. Maybe she is tweeking it. I just can't keep all of the pages, on fave list. Sinse it isn't published, I don't know if tring what you sent me will work. What do you think, & would I need to do it on all of my lost pages?

message 15: by Francis (new) - added it

Francis Franklin (francisjamesfranklin) | 542 comments My advice would be just to save everything you find on your computer.

message 16: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita (rccola1945hotmailcom) | 513 comments I have all of that now. Its like a book, not 2 chapters. It has 28 long pages, that look to be 1 chapter per page. I read a few lines from most of the pages, & it goes to the very end of, what the original book did. I realy don't understand, why she doesn't get it, edited, & published now.