Beantown Bookworms discussion

Anyone reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Feb 05, 2009 08:05PM) (new)

Liz (HisSheep) If so, what?

My current read is "Testimony" by Anita Schreve.

message 2: by Dfunky1 (new)

Dfunky1 I'm reading The Whiskey Rebels A Novel by David Liss. It possesses a character-driven plot about intrigue during the time just after the Revolutionary War.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am also reading the Whiskey Rebels.

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 2 comments I just finished The Help - excellent book about "race relations" - and also The Interpreter of Maladies, a great book (but older book) about immigrants in the US.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (NicoleinMaine) | 1 comments I LOVED The Help. I couldn't believe it was her first book. I just finished "The Given Day" by Dennis Lehane. I'm a Boston transplant living in Maine, so all the references to Boston landmarks in TGD reminded my why I love Boston. I plan on checking out Lehane's other books now.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Edwards Both "The Given Day" and "The Help" are in my stack of "to-read" books. Just started "In the Woods" by Tana French. Set in Ireland, involving a crime from the 1970's interspersed with a more modern story. Quite good so far.

message 7: by Marc (new)

Marc (marq_v20) | 9 comments My current read is The Mysterious Benedict Society. It's a book for younger readers to be sure, but it came highly recommended from a friend who is a librarian student, and I wasn't quite ready to go back to the varies series I'm in the middle of.

This is a good adventure to share with a kid. Not quite my cup of tea (I like more mature writing), but I'll still enjoy finishing it.