Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Another Audible $10 credit offer

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments Spend four credits (now) through Sept 22 (midnight Eastern time)

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments I saw that...now I got to figure out what I want to get...lol!

message 3: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments For once, there are actually four on my wishlist that cost at least as much as a credit would that I'm actively interested in buying (as opposed to having to fill the quota with doubtful ones).

message 4: by Shirley (last edited Sep 18, 2012 11:20AM) (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments This is what I spent the credits on
The Talisman by Stephen King, Peter Straub
The Talisman

The Talisman by Stephen King
Goddess of Vengeance: A Lucky Santangelo Novel by Jackie Collins
Goddess of Vengeance

Goddess of Vengeance (Lucky Santangelo, #8) by Jackie Collins
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M. L. Stedman
The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
Winter of the World: The Century Trilogy, Book 2 by Ken Follett
Winter of the World

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2) by Ken Follett

message 5: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3263 comments It's far too easy for me to find four books to buy. I've picked up two of the latest Agatha Christie releases that were over the price of a credit plus "Sherlock Holmes: A Baker Street Dozen", a dramatized version of 12 short stories with Sir John Gielgood as Holmes--very enjoyable. I'll pick up one more book and use the $10 to get another Agatha Christie book that is around $10. Then I'll only have one more book to buy to complete my Agatha christie collection!

message 6: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 950 comments Wouldn't you know it? I have 3 credits left until October 1st. But, wait! There's also a sale on purchasing 3 credits. I'm so tempted. I had planned on using those three credits by the end of the month...

Oh! Oh! I think I'm in danger of talking myself into it.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments That's what I did Janice...

I ended up getting the new Ken Follet; the first in the Wheel of Time series and a Conn Iggulson book I've had on my wish list for a while...not sure abt my 4th one yet

message 8: by Fustian (new)

Fustian | 30 comments I easily picked another four from my wish list to buy: Titus Groans, The Coroner's Lunch, Old Man's War, and BitterBlue. However, with the four that I picked up in the $4.95 sale and the titles that have finally arrived from the library I have no idea when I'm going to get the time to listen to the backlog that I've been accumulating.

I may have to find a way to try to extend my commute :)

message 9: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 950 comments Dee wrote: "That's what I did Janice...

I ended up getting the new Ken Follet; the first in the Wheel of Time series and a Conn Iggulson book I've had on my wish list for a while...not sure abt my 4th one yet"

Somebody is out to save me from myself. I clicked on the 3 credits for sale banner, and was told I wasn't eligible. LOL!

message 10: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments I'd been hoarding mine (as well as being backed up with stuff to listen to). For what it's worth, here are the four items I selected:

Kosher Chinese: Living, Teaching, and Eating with China's Other Billion http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B00994...

An African Millionaire http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B006CQ...

The History of Mr Polly http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B008EY...

Miss Julia to the Rescue http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B007NK...

message 11: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Janice wrote: "Dee wrote: "That's what I did Janice...

I ended up getting the new Ken Follet; the first in the Wheel of Time series and a Conn Iggulson book I've had on my wish list for a while...not sure abt my..."

After using my 4 credits (leaving zero credits) I got the banner and they let me buy the credits.

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments i'm thinking about maybe getting the real count of monte cristo - its about dumas' father apparently

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim (crossreactivity) Shirley wrote: "After using my 4 credits (leaving zero credits) I got the banner and they let me buy the credits."

That happened to me too, and I went ahead and bought the 3 credits.

I picked up the Leviathan series and one of the recently released Agatha Christie books narrated by Hugh Fraser.

message 14: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Oh Kim! What have you done!

I've been doing a re-read in audio of all Agatha Christie books but I've been using mostly the library. I'm up to book #6 in Poirot and #5 in Miss Marple but I didn't like either narration so I was going to just re-read them in print. But now I see that Hugh Fraser did Poirot #6 and Audible has it! There goes the credit I was saving for another book!

message 15: by Shirley (last edited Sep 19, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments I have not wanted to get the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher BUT I noticed Netflix has the series SO I started watching them I guess I am starting to see the attraction to the series.

Has anyone read the series and watched the series?

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments haven't watched the series - but I might have to check it out - darn you!! I've only listened to the first two - there is a definate quality improvement between the two, and I've heard marster's just keeps getting better and better

message 17: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Dee wrote: "haven't watched the series - but I might have to check it out - darn you!! I've only listened to the first two - there is a definate quality improvement between the two, and I've heard marster's ju..."

If you watch on Netflix keep your volume control close. I have jumped out of my skin several times already.

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments i noticed the audiobook does that too...I was routinely having to adjust the volume in the car so I don't blow out my ear drums

message 19: by CatBookMom (new)

CatBookMom | 995 comments D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "Oh Kim! What have you done!

I've been doing a re-read in audio of all Agatha Christie books but I've been using mostly the library. I'm up to book #6 in Poirot and #5 in Miss Marple but I didn't l..."

David Suchet has done the narration of several of the Poirot books, and those are great. I had to buy *Murder on the Orient Express* for my own library. But I think some of these are available at OverDrive, too. Hugh Fraser is pretty good.

message 20: by binter (new)

binter | 218 comments How much are the credits when you buy them? I have 3 credits left and then might buy some, if offered.

There are Dresden films on Netflix?!

message 21: by Shell (new)

Shell Ali-ef wrote: "How much are the credits when you buy them? I have 3 credits left and then might buy some, if offered.

There are Dresden films on Netflix?!"

SciFi had a short lived series (I think about 12 episodes of the Dresden Files. It wasn't bad but wasn't very well recieved, so they dropped it.

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 3 comments I too easily picked 4 from my wish list:
Creole Belle, by James Lee Burke
Broken Harbor, by Tana French
Silent Joe, by T. Jefferson Parker
American Assassin, by Vince Flynn

Then I saw the "buy credits for less" link and bought 3 more credits!

message 23: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Shell wrote: "It wasn't bad but wasn't very well recieved, so they dropped it..."

As a tv series it wasn't bad ... as Dresden it was flaming awful.

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 163 comments Does anyone still have the email or remember when we will get the $10 credit? I seem to remember that there is a delay before the credit is transferred over. I want to cancel my membership on 9/27/12 as I have so many unlistened to audio books and I am trying to time this (new credit accrued on 9/28/12).

message 25: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments Unfortunately for you, it's the 28th if I recall correctly.

message 26: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 163 comments Ha! I was going to spend down my credits anyway in order to drop my account. So that is fine. Thank you.

message 27: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments Have you tried suspending for three months yet? You're allowed to do that once a year (every 12 months); if not, call them about it before you cancel.

message 28: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 163 comments I have done that in the past, I am just not sure when. I am hoping they offer it to me when I cancel on 9/27. I am not sure if it has been in the past 12 months that I have suspeneded already. But thanks for the suggestion.

message 29: by binter (new)

binter | 218 comments Shell wrote: "Ali-ef wrote: "How much are the credits when you buy them? I have 3 credits left and then might buy some, if offered.

There are Dresden films on Netflix?!"

SciFi had a short lived series (I thin..."

Somehow I missed it but I'm perfectly happy with the books & audiobooks.

How much do the credits cost when you are offered "buy credits for less" deal? I'm on the "Audible Listener Light" plan, $10 per year but got to keep my credits. I'm down to 3 now - had a ton - but if I use them up, not sure they'll offer me the deal. Wondered how much they were.

message 30: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Ali-ef

I don't know what they offer your plan.

I pay for 2 credits a month and when they offer 3 credits to me it is $34.41

message 31: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 14 comments I don't see this promotion on audible - where do I find it? A few days ago I purchased the additional credits & ready to use them + buy the 4th book
It would be nice to get the $10 credit to boot!
Is it available in the US?
thanks!
Georgia

message 32: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Georgia wrote: "I don't see this promotion on audible - where do I find it? A few days ago I purchased the additional credits & ready to use them + buy the 4th book
It would be nice to get the $10 credit to boot!..."

http://www.audible.com/int/exc
ends tomorrow

message 33: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 14 comments Shirley wrote: "Georgia wrote: "I don't see this promotion on audible - where do I find it? A few days ago I purchased the additional credits & ready to use them + buy the 4th book
It would be nice to get the $10..."

Hey Shirley
THanks! I'm thinking the reason why I didn't get this banner is that I had only 3 credits available - I did buy the 4th book so I'll see if Audible hands out the $10 :)
Thanks again!
Georgia

message 34: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Georgia wrote: "Shirley wrote: "Georgia wrote: "I don't see this promotion on audible - where do I find it? A few days ago I purchased the additional credits & ready to use them + buy the 4th book
It would be nic..."

You are welcome.

message 35: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3669 comments Credit arrived this morning!

message 36: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments Got mine yesterday and got these:

The War with Grandpa

The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith

Naked Heat

Naked Heat (Nikki Heat #2) by Richard Castle

Heat Rises

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat, #3) by Richard Castle

Spent $5.43 :)

message 37: by CatBookMom (new)

CatBookMom | 995 comments John wrote: "Credit arrived this morning!"

Grabbed Pratchett's Dodger, which conveniently was on sale for $9.95. Also got a Torchwood short, just so there wasn't 5c left over.

message 38: by Tomerobber (new)

Tomerobber | 193 comments I've bought so many books in the past few weeks . . . they should send me 2 coupons!!! ;-)

I got mine credited to my acct. - I have until 10/31 to use it and I should be getting my reg. monthly 2 credits before them . . . so I'll just use them altogether . . . I've added a bunch more books to my wish list . . .

message 39: by John, Moderator (last edited Sep 26, 2012 06:38PM) (new)

John | 3669 comments I'm planning on getting two Iambik novels for $5 instead of $15.

message 40: by Javasapien (last edited Sep 26, 2012 07:37PM) (new)

Javasapien | 272 comments I bought these four:
The Queen's Vow (C W Gortner)
The Caine Mutiny (Herman Wouk)
Lady of the English (Elizabeth Chadwick)
Kill Decision (Daniel Suarez)

I'm planning on using the 10.00 coupon toward "Code Name Verity" which is $12.23.

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments I haven't listened to the sample Javaspaien - but I would check out reviews for Code Name Verity - I seriously struggled with it - and would hate for you to use the coupon and hate it...its gotten some pretty iffy ones...and for me, I should have been right up my alley - WW2 historical fiction and all that

message 42: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) | 493 comments The Casual Vacancy

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Has Arrived!

message 43: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 163 comments Oh!!! I am going to buy that one right now -- thank you!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Shirley wrote: "The Casual Vacancy

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Has Arrived!"
Got it!

message 45: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 61 comments Dee wrote: "That's what I did Janice...

I ended up getting the new Ken Follet; the first in the Wheel of Time series and a Conn Iggulson book I've had on my wish list for a while...not sure abt my 4th one yet"

What do you think of Conn Iggulson books? Some are a nice blend of well-researched fiction and story, others focus on warfare which bores me some.

message 46: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1520 comments I've only listened to his first Ghengis one, but liked it - its only been a matter of too many books, not enough time - my mom recommended him and she is a history teacher and uses his stuff to interest some of her oys

message 47: by Joel (new)

Joel (joelevard) Still have not received my credit... I will have to send them an email.

message 48: by Javasapien (new)

Javasapien | 272 comments Dee wrote: "I haven't listened to the sample Javaspaien - but I would check out reviews for Code Name Verity - I seriously struggled with it - and would hate for you to use the coupon and hate it...its gotten ..."

Thanks for the warning Dee. Did you listen or read? I had only looked at the audible reviews and ratings but they look pretty good. Can you describe anymore of why you struggled with it?

message 49: by Kim (new)

Kim (crossreactivity) Joel wrote: "Still have not received my credit... I will have to send them an email."

I hadn't received mine either, but I called Audible and the rep put the credit in my account right away.

message 50: by Joel (new)

Joel (joelevard) Me too! Now, what to buy... I was thinking of Time and Again for $10.55...

« previous 1