Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Novels
Et Tu, Babe (1992)
The Tetherballs of Bougainville (1998)
The Sugar Frosted Nutsack (2012)

Short story collections
I Smell Esther Williams and Other Stories (1983)
My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist (1990)
Tooth Imprints on a Corn Dog (1996)

Non-fiction
Why Do Men Have Nipples? Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini (2005)
Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour (2006)
Let's Play Doctor: The Instant Guide to Walking, Talking, and Probing like a Real M.D. (2008)

message 2: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments I've read all the fiction and seen the canonical film, War, Inc. The three doctor books sit on my shelf following a failed attempt to make of them an Xmas present for a young relative. But I'm not overeager to get to them, but inevitably I will one day.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian | 8 comments Have read everything except "Let's Play Doctor"; TSFN was a let-down. My fave collection is still MC,MG.

Nathan - does any particular story or novel stand out for you?

message 4: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Brian wrote: "Have read everything except "Let's Play Doctor"; TSFN was a let-down. My fave collection is still MC,MG.

Nathan - does any particular story or novel stand out for you?"

I think Et Tu, Babe would be my favorite. I like the Nutsack a lot, but I'm prone to digging over-the-top ridiculous stupid things.

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Wow, an extremely slim biblio that is. I should think the humour books would tarnish the completism somewhat.

message 6: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments MJ wrote: "Wow, an extremely slim biblio that is. I should think the humour books would tarnish the completism somewhat."

The Doctor books are just stupid. But, why not stupid? He took a number of years off in order to become a failed screenwriter, and thus my inclusion of War, Inc., the only thing that made it to the screen. (Or, should include War, Inc.)

message 7: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 44 comments very surprised to see Mark Leyner! My Cousin, My Gastroetc was amusing.