What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Jewel
This topic is about Jewel
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Girl sent to a boarding school by her aunt or mother. Tied to a post as a punishment in that school and was whipped at the back. She escaped along with two of her schoolmates. Returned home. Clothes were burned. Grandfather was evil. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle | 7 comments There is this book that I had read a few years ago but I can't seem to remember its title. I can fully remember an excerpt, that a girl was sent to a boarding school by her aunt I think or her awful mother. There, everything seems uptight and even gets to the point of tying a to-be-punished child on a post then whipping him or her later. This girl then was subjected to the same punishment and decided to go away along with two of her schoolmates. They eventually escaped and afterwards saw a house wherein they tried to stay. The girl left her two companions out of irritation I guess and returned to the house of her relatives. Then,the history of her family was revealed on how everything started on her grandfather, I think and how evil he was. I can't remember what happens next but these bits I think are only a quarter of the book. There was a fire and all of her clothes and things were burned intentionally by her aunt or her mother. Please help.

message 2: by Ansis (new)

Ansis Sparāns | 34 comments Dont know the book, but I sugest that instead of "Help. Can't remember" you write something abaut the book - it will make more likely that right person reads it.

Michelle | 7 comments Thank you for your suggestion (:

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (annamatsuyama) | 395 comments I don't know the book but sounds good. When you read it few years ago it was new or old? It was historical fiction?

message 5: by Yue (new)

Yue | 137 comments Sounds something written by V.C. Andrews

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Sakura - that was my first thought, too! Maybe Midnight Flight? It's book 2 in the Broken Wings series, but was also published with book one in one volume: Broken Wings & Midnight Flight

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 703 comments Do you remember when the story was set? Like, would it have been historical or contemporary?

Michelle | 7 comments I read it about two years ago, I guess it was contemporary but those excerpts I had mentioned were flashbacks.

Michelle | 7 comments I read it about two years ago, I guess it was contemporary but those excerpts I had mentioned were flashbacks. It was an old book.

Michelle | 7 comments I found the book while browsing in our library. It is entitled Jewel by Brett Lot. My description was petty-mixed up but thank you for helping, anyway.(:

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
I'm going to move this book, Michelle. I think it belongs in the Adult Solved folder. Here's a link to the book: Jewel by Bret Lott.