Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

The Morningstar Diaries: Ava (#1)
This topic is about The Morningstar Diaries
PNR/UF > The Morningstar Diaries: Ava by Lydia Drace

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 281 comments Mod
Start: September 16, 2012 - End: September 17, 2012
Rating: 9.5

I loved the opening scene. Being from NC and having visited Asheville once I could imagine back there as tourist. Seeing the Biltmore for the first time. But anyway the book started off to a great, then the middle got a bit bumpy (read it and you’ll know what I’m talking about), but that ending…oh that ending had me tearing up, cheering, and tearing up some more. I only have two questions for you Miss Lydia when will the next one be released and how did you get me sucked into your characters so completely?

I wasn’t sure exactly what I was expecting but to be blown away by all the characters (except the bad guys) well that wasn’t it. The storyline was fresh and superb but it was the characters who stole the show. I mean basically you have your average family who just happens to be the King, Queen, & Prince of Hell with angels for family members & a giant hell hound for the family pet. Typical right, right? I loved how you gave us details but not many just enough to let our imaginations start filling in the details but it’s the characters who drew me in. Let me explain:

Ava/Mom/Queen of Hell- Who has seen her husband pretty sporadically for the last 12 years because she wanted to raise her son as normal as possible, even if she isn’t normal at all. But she’s a good mom. At times Ava seemed a little stubborn for the sake of being stubborn. I mean at one point it seemed like the choice she made she only thought of how it would effect her not everyone else she was connected to but in the end everything worked out as well can be expected.

Lucifer/Luce/Dracian/King of Hell/Dad- Can I marry him because wow. He is a wonderful husband and loving father even though decisions made it impossible for him to know his son for 12 years. He would sacrifice almost anything for his family. And even though it takes a little bit to wrapped your mind around a new twist on an old ideology.

Tyler/Son/Prince of Hell- He’s very mature for a 16-year old boy. He’s very much like is father and although we didn’t get into a lot about Tyler’s inner workings I could tell that he has inner-strength beyond compare. I foresee great things from him.

Jenny- I love how she’s a trooper. I hope she gets her HEA with (view spoiler) but who knows we shall see. I also like how she didn’t hold a grudge against Ava and how she supported Ava even when she didn’t agree with her choices. She’s the definition of a true best friend.

Uriel/Raphael/Michael/Isadore/Azriel – Are the kooky aunt & uncles you love but everyone else fears. I love how (even though some of them are in Heaven and some are in Hell) you get the strong sense of family. If one were to look at them in a philosophical sense it could be said that they represent that “no matter how different you are or where you stand; family matters”.

Abbadon – is a true prick and I want someone to punch him in the face. Especially what he did near the ending. I would do it myself if he were real.

One last thing, this was subtle I didn’t catch it the first couple of times they were describing Hell but I must say Lydia you are a genius. She took the different aspects of hell from across different cultures and combined them into one beautifully sculpted & place. If you haven’t contemplated reading this then trust me when I say just do it and you’ll be very glad you did.

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Drace (LydiaDrace) | 3 comments Thanks so much Jessi! Book #2 is coming hopefully no later than December 1st. I do have a facebook page set up so others can keep track of the trilogy's progress. Book #2 is written from Lucifer's point of view and book #3 will be written from Tyler's (so we can see more of his inner workings)

http://www.facebook.com/TheMorningsta...

Thanks again for the review, hopefully I can get readers!

Stephanie (Tillerphish) | 3 comments I read this book just last week and it's awesome!! I can't wait for the next one! I've been recommending it to everyone. A must read!