Completists' Club discussion

Edith Wharton
This topic is about Edith Wharton
Authors U-Z > Edith Wharton

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 43 comments I don't think I've ever met anyone who's read all of Wharton, but I could be wrong. Also, it is going to have to be up to someone else to create the Henry James and/or Jonathan Franzen topics.

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Sep 19, 2012 09:23AM) (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) | 296 comments Wharton has a lot of novels and stories as well. I've come nowhere near reading all of them but would like to read more.

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments I'm up to 9.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) | 296 comments top favorites of the 9?

message 5: by Carla (new)

Carla (cjsarett) | 83 comments If you haven't read her ghost stories, do so! They are a treat, and show a different side of Wharton. Love her short stories in general for the variety of social types.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) | 296 comments you're right about the stories. I haven't read many of them though--should read more--and I have a collection of her ghost stories.
et toi, lg?

message 7: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments Jessica wrote: "top favorites of the 9?"

The Custom of the Country and Ethan Frome. Probably The House of Mirth too. I see I gave "Mirth" 3 stars, but that was way back when I was a very hard grader and handed out 3's like candy. I need to reread "Mirth" and I'm sure it would get a 4 or a 5 now.

message 8: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments I plan to read all the ghost stories, and all the regular stories. I don't think I've read a single story by her yet.