Completists' Club discussion

Virginia Woolf
This topic is about Virginia Woolf
Authors U-Z > Virginia Woolf

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira Russell (the_red_shoes) | 43 comments I don't think I qualify (haven't read The Voyage Out or Night and Day, but have them both, along with Melymbrosia) but I did read her multi-volume letters and diaries, a good while back. Oh, haven't read Freshwater or Roger Fry, either. But nearly everything else, I think.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris (krisrabberman) | 23 comments I aspire to Woolf completist status, but I haven't touched her letters and diaries yet, although I want to. You can be my role model, Moira.

message 3: by Traveller (last edited Sep 18, 2012 11:03AM) (new)

Traveller (moontravlr) | 81 comments I'll work on being a completist re her novels first. :) The rest can come later.

In fact, that goes for most of the threads around here that i'm interested in. Tough cookies for the diaries, i never enjoyed diaries - though Woolf's in particular may be pretty interesting- so i might end up being a sucker for poor dear Virginia after all.

Sarah (Presto agitato) (mg2001) | 2 comments I can get on board with this thread, although I have a long way to go. I love her letters, though I haven't read nearly what Moira has.

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (nathandjoe) | 47 comments I think I have done all of these, bar the play. The novels for sure, and the short stories and diaries. I think I have covered the letters and essays, but may have missed the odd bit here and there. God I love her prose...She is one of the few writers I re-read from time to time. I could just circle around from 1922 to 1931 forever. Every single one of those novels is a masterpiece.

message 6: by Aubrey (last edited Jan 22, 2014 10:56AM) (new)

Aubrey (korrick) I aspire!

Personal reference post:

Novels (including the biographical novels)

1925 Mrs. Dalloway
1927 To the Lighthouse
1928 Orlando: A Biography
1931 The Waves

Non-fiction/essays

1929 A Room of One's Own

Diaries

1953 A Writer’s Diary