Completists' Club discussion

Truman Capote
This topic is about Truman Capote
Authors A-D > Truman Capote

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely (oldkd) This author is my avatar. I am a novelette away from completing his novels or novelettes. There are some stories included in my edition of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Music for Chameleons so I guess I sampled him already in that format. But I am still to get a copy of his The Complete Stories of Truman Capote. He is not a populist novelist, right?

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments Definitely not.

message 3: by mark (new)

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 44 comments ha! i feel him rolling over in his grave at the thought.

message 4: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments He would probably enjoy that.

message 5: by mark (new)

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 44 comments true. this is, after all, the same man who had a cameo appearance in Murder By Death. a perverse sort!

message 6: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely (oldkd) mark wrote: "ha! i feel him rolling over in his grave at the thought."

Mark, just making sure. I love his works.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant 1948 Other Voices, Other Rooms Novel
1949 A Tree of Night and Other Stories
1949 Summer Crossing Novel; posthumously published 2006
1950 Local Color Book; collection of European travel essays
1951 The Grass Harp Novel
1952 The Grass Harp Play
1953 Beat the Devil Original screenplay
1954 House of Flowers Broadway musical
1956 The Muses Are Heard Nonfiction
1958 Breakfast at Tiffany's Novella
1959 Observations Collaborative art and photography book; pictures by Richard Avedon, comments by Truman Capote and design by Alexey Brodovitch
1960 The Innocents Screenplay based on The Turn of the Screw by Henry James; 1962 Edgar Award, from the Mystery Writers of America, to Capote and William Archibald for Best Motion Picture Screenplay
1963 Selected Writings of Truman Capote Midcareer retrospective anthology; fiction and nonfiction
1965 In Cold Blood "Nonfiction novel"
1973 The Dogs Bark Collection of travel articles and personal sketches
1980 Music for Chameleons Collection of short works 1986 Answered Prayers: The Unfinished Novel Published posthumously
1987 A Capote Reader Omnibus edition containing most of Capote's shorter works, fiction and nonfiction
2004 The Complete Stories of Truman Capote Anthology of twenty short stories
2004 Too Brief a Treat: The Letters of Truman Capote 2007 Portraits and Observations: The Essays of Truman Capote Published by Random House

message 8: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 211 comments Thanks for that list, Mr. P.

message 9: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 123 comments I wish he had written more nonfiction. I really can't stand his fiction.