YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > My Dream Professions are...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Night Owl (last edited Sep 18, 2012 02:15AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Where do you work?
Do you like it?
Is it your dream job?
If not, what is your dream professions?
Tell us, we would like to know! :]

After much consideration, I decide that I will go ahead and start this discussion up! I went through several phases!

When I was young from 7 to about 13, I wanted to be an artist! You know, like comic, manga, and what not!

Then when I was in middle school and high school, I was in the poet and writer stage! Thinking that I can excel as a writer!

Then for the first few years of college, I went back to wanting to be an Art Therapist!

Then I move on to Sociologist!

And now, I am currently wanting to become a teacher or a professor! I either want to teach English, Art, or Sociology!

message 2: by Novel (last edited Sep 18, 2012 06:48AM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Where do you work?

>A Urology and Andrology Clinic in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Do you like it?

>Sure, it gives me a lot of free time to read and be on goodreads while at work, LOL.

Is it your dream job?

>No.

If not, what is your dream professions?
Tell us, we would like to know! :]

>I always wanted to be a nurse since I was a child but when I started nursing school and found it life consuming I was having second thoughts....I finished it anyway. I wanted to work in an office/classroom setting, so a nurse educator would be a good choice.

message 3: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments A fashion model! Lol!

message 4: by Jalyn (last edited Sep 18, 2012 07:03AM) (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments -Where do you work?
I'm a stay-at-home mom

-Do you like it?
Yes! I'm lucky that my husband and I are able to afford for me to stay home with our kids and raise them. Also, 2 of my 3 sons are in school full time now and my baby is in preschool in the mornings twice a week and he still naps after lunch, so I have a lot of free time to read :)

-Is it your dream job?
While I still have kids at home, yes. But once my baby starts Kindergarten I'm sure I'll want to do something else.

-Dream Profession?
I'd love to open my own bakery. I make wedding and novelty cakes for family and friends (and the occasional stranger) whenever someone needs one. I really enjoy doing it :)

message 5: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Jalyn wrote: "-Where do you work?
I'm a stay-at-home mom

-Do you like it?
Yes! I'm lucky that my husband and I are able to afford for me to stay home with our kids and raise them. Also, 2 of my 3 sons are in sc..."

Wow, I love your dream profession!
I wish you can also make my wedding cake!

message 6: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Jalyn wrote: "-Where do you work?
I'm a stay-at-home mom

-Do you like it?
Yes! I'm lucky that my husband and I are able to afford for me to stay home with our kids and raise them. Also, 2 of my 3 sons are in sc..."

you should really do that! I dunno how to bake, and I really sucked in the kitchen. I have so much respect for bakers and cooks...so yeah, you'll do great if you open a bakery coz it sounds like you really love doing it.

message 7: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Jona wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "-Where do you work?
I'm a stay-at-home mom

-Do you like it?
Yes! I'm lucky that my husband and I are able to afford for me to stay home with our kids and raise them. Also, 2 of my 3 ..."

I would if we lived closer!

message 8: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Novel wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "-Where do you work?
I'm a stay-at-home mom

-Do you like it?
Yes! I'm lucky that my husband and I are able to afford for me to stay home with our kids and raise them. Also, 2 of my 3 ..."

I've really given it a lot of thought, but they idea of opening my own business is scary. There isn't a lot of need for a baker like myself in my area, so I could end up losing a lot of money. I plan on taking some business courses once my kids are all in school to see if I could possibly do it. I might just start it out of my home first and see how it goes :)

message 9: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) @Novel: Are you working towards that direction? Nurse educator I mean.

@Jona: Does your parents approve of this? Are you working towards this goal? Do you have a sketchbook full of ideas or anything?

@Jalyn: What would be the name of your bakery? Any thoughts?

message 10: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I like Piece of Cake , but it's probably already been done.

message 11: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "I like Piece of Cake , but it's probably already been done."

That's really cool! Very clever!

message 12: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Thanks :)

message 13: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "Thanks :)"

No problem! You will have to help me by asking your friend Seth, his middle name!

message 14: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Sarah wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Thanks :)"

No problem! You will have to help me by asking your friend Seth, his middle name!"

I just sent him a text!

message 15: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Yay! Thank you! This would help a lot!

message 16: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments No problem, now I'm just waiting for him to text me back :)

message 17: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "No problem, now I'm just waiting for him to text me back :)"

I am so excited! Lol :D

message 18: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I just heard from Seth! His middle name is David.

message 19: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) David is too common... Lol no offense to your friend! :)

message 20: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I agree, but for some reason that doesn't bother me like it does with a first name.

message 21: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I won't tell him. Lol

message 22: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "I won't tell him. Lol"

You're so kind! I know why I talk to you now! Jk lol

message 23: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Hahahahahaha!

message 24: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "Hahahahahaha!"

Now how do I reply to that! Oh! I know!

Topic diverting! Are you better at making cakes, cupcakes, or cookies?

message 25: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that on here though. Hmmm...

message 26: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) You can ask if you're allowed to! I don't see why not, but ask! And no, I don't see any pictures you could post up!

message 27: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I feel weird asking. I'll PM them to you.

message 28: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "I feel weird asking. I'll PM them to you."

Oh...Wait! I thought moderators decide if you could post pictures in discussions...

message 29: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Yeah I'm sure you're right...

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that on here though. Hmmm..."

Of course you can, we'd love to see it... =)

message 31: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that on here though. Hmmm..."

..."

Hoooray! How do you do that, exactly?

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that..."

Good question, hahaha... I'll ask Novel later. =)

message 33: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I ..."

Please and thank you! I afraid to ask you any more, but....are we allowed to put up short interesting video clips? Or can there be a thread to share interesting clips or something?

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some ..."

let me check what novel did... since she posted a video somewhere...

message 35: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a..."

She did? So does that mean videos are okay too? :]

message 36: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that on here though. Hmmm..."

..."

Thanks :) I can just post a link to my facebook if it would be easier for you?

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures..."

i was going to say, before i was rudely interrupted by our internet, there is a place for videos, you can add it there... =)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see some pictures? I might be able to post a link to some of them. I don't know if I should do that..."

that would be great... you're a mom who bakes, you're awesome... i wish i can cook... hehehe...

message 39: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Cakes I think. I love complicated baking. Do you want to see..."

Yay!!! Thank you!

message 40: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Thank you! Here goes!

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?se...

I haven't updated it in about a year. I really need to get to it!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments my fave are the cupcake angels (of course!) and the 3 layered square cake with flowers... =)

message 42: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Hehe! Thanks for checking them out :) Which one with the flowers did you like? The one with white flowers or with pink ones?

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Jalyn wrote: "Hehe! Thanks for checking them out :) Which one with the flowers did you like? The one with white flowers or with pink ones?"

the one with the pink flowers, it's the 4 layered one... =)

message 44: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Thanks! I don't have many layered cakes with flowers, but I wasn't sure which one you meant :) I made that for a friends wedding last summer. The cake with the guy playing golf in the superman cape was the groom's cake :)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 958 comments Jalyn wrote: "Thanks! I don't have many layered cakes with flowers, but I wasn't sure which one you meant :) I made that for a friends wedding last summer. The cake with the guy playing golf in the superman cape..."

cute... you really have artistic talent... i wish i had the patience to learn... =)

message 46: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) THE TREE ONE IS CUTE!! :D

message 47: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Thanks! I don't have many layered cakes with flowers, but I wasn't sure which one you meant :) I made that for a friends wedding last summer. The cake with the guy playing golf in the..."

Awe thank you :) Buy Cake Decorating for Dummies if you ever do decide to try it. That's how I started. It's easier to get the hang of than you'd think :)

message 48: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Sarah wrote: "THE TREE ONE IS CUTE!! :D"

Thank you! I did that one for a family reunion. Fondant cutters are the best invention ever! :)

message 49: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Jalyn wrote: "Sarah wrote: "THE TREE ONE IS CUTE!! :D"

Thank you! I did that one for a family reunion. Fondant cutters are the best invention ever! :)"

lol Is there any special design you know how to do that is not in the photos?

message 50: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Sarah wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Sarah wrote: "THE TREE ONE IS CUTE!! :D"

Thank you! I did that one for a family reunion. Fondant cutters are the best invention ever! :)"

lol Is there any special design you know ho..."

I'm not sure what you mean by design. It's way past my bedtime and I'm a little loopy right now! Lol :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.