The Dark Mythology discussion

Are you flippin' kidding me!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 115 comments Mod
Sword of Shadows is an omnibus of the trilogy. It's not a 4th book in the series.

But you're right about one thing, this is why I don't read a series until I have ALL of the books in it. Drives me nuts to get involved with the story and then have to wait a year for the next book.
Been there, done that and won't do it again!

message 2: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) VJ;
Try waiting 14 years and counting for Barker to finish the Art Series. Hell, it's only a trilogy and I'm still waiting for that last book!

message 3: by Brett (new)

Better yet, find the first 2 books of a trilogy that you absolutely love and find out the author has died.
Very sad about the author, but for that story to go unfinished forever is the pits!

message 4: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) No VJ, you can bitch, just remember that there are plenty of people out there in a very similar condition.

message 5: by Brett (new)

Vicki Jean wrote: "k, I'll stop bitchin' now "

No, no! Don't stop! -grin- It's too much fun.

message 6: by Brett (new)

Okay. I'm racking the brain to figure something out just for you!

message 7: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 5 comments The trick is to have a bunch of series going. I am reading: The Sookie Stackhouse series, and now have to wait a year for the next one :( But I am reading the Steven Saylor, Sub Roma series, and a whole slew of Graphic novel series: The Invisibles, The Preacher, 100 Bullets, The Boys, Lucifer, etc. It makes the year wait easier.

message 8: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Honestly VJ, for some light but twisted reading, try finding some Bizzaro. Short, weird, but not complicated storylines that make for a really quick read. Trilogies are my new Epic Series.

message 9: by Brett (new)

That's what I do. I have a couple books of different genres going at once, plus my comics and graphic novels. For example, my current pile as of this moment is as follows;

Novels-
Bryan Smith - Soultaker
Bentley Little - The Academy
LA Banks, Tananarive Due & Brandon Massey - The Ancestors
Ekaterina Sedia - The Alchemy of Stone
Patricia Briggs - Bone Crossed

Graphic Novels-
My Space Dark Horse Presents
BPRD: Garden of Souls
BPRD: 1946
Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born
Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home
Spawn: Neo Noir
and some manga as well.
Oh yeah, can't forget the various magazines either.
Heavy Metal
Realms of Fantasy
Anime Insider
Xbox 360
ImagineFX
Cat Fancy
And so many more!

message 10: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Oh, I lied, I'm currently working through 400 issues [chronologically:] of the Judge Dredd series.

Everything in my read list, I own and have on my shelf either read or ready to read, I generally don't list the comics I'm reading either.

message 11: by Brett (new)

I'd love to have all those issues Jerrod. Can you imagine owning every issue of 2000AD? THAT would be a storage problem.

It was always hard to find an issue of that here in the US. Especially in a smaller town. If you did find one, the cost was 2 or 3 times the cover.

message 12: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) If you don't mind digital, give me some digits to ship a CD to you or get a Bit Torrent Client and I'll upload a private copy for you to leech from. Dredd rules, rumors of a new movie abound too.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate when authors say they wrote the last book, but the last one still leaves you hanging that pisses me off

message 14: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (horrorshow) | 11 comments Would it be more acceptable if each book in a serie stands by itself?

I remember reading that J.R. Tolkien was angry that the publisher company wants to split his L.T.O.R. into three separate parts.

message 15: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) I don't mind the cliff hanger endings, I do get pissed when the author can't seem to wrap it up and/or dies *cough robert jordan cough*

I really enjoy the more in depth character development that can come from a series versus a stand alone novel.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya, I like the books, where u can read them seperatly, but they go together.

message 17: by === (new)

=== ?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

like there is a bunch of books in a series, but you dont have to read them in order to get what is going on