Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Audiobooks

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Have you ever tried listening to a book instead of reading one?

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I love audio books. I really enjoy the ones with a full cast of people and sound effects!

I also find that this helps when I'm trying to fill up my time with more books. I can juggle an audio and a paper novel and keep my characters and story lines straight easier :)

message 3: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 17, 2012 10:15PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think so. But most of audiobooks I've bought are narrated by one person. The first audiobook I listened to was Harry Potter. And I'm hooked! Jim Dale, the narrator, did a great job. I loved that he changed his voice to fit different characters.

Now I am listening to book 3 of Twilight. It is not as good as Harry Potter, but I enjoy it also.

I plan to listen to Percy Jackson after I finish all books in Twilight Saga.

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 17, 2012 10:28PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments City of Ember series - at least the third in the series - had a whole cast AND sound effects! It was great! My daughter and I loved listening to that together.

Chaos walking series had 2 people narrating - boy and a girl

Some of the books are even read by the authors (which I REALLY enjoy too, because they do the voice on how they thought the character was!) I've bumped into Stephen King even reading his own work!

Many of the Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie also have a full cast! They are great - they are what I imagine listening to the old radio programs to be like!

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Wow... I have only Romeo & Juliet that had a whole cast. I definitely need to find one or two from Stephen King. I've never read even one of his book!

Yes, it'd be awesome to listen to the author narrates their book. I have Coraline, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Like you said, I love listening to audiobooks because I can do something else while enjoying the books. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone :)