Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ RECOMMENDATIONS > YA Contemporary Romance Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Here you may recommend or ask for a recommendation for a YA contemporary romance.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments Sea of Tranquility is a must read! Seriously, it's good.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Katie wrote: "Sea of Tranquility is a must read! Seriously, it's good."

message 4: by Rachel-Ellen (new)

Rachel-Ellen | 2 comments Currently reading Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott and it is fantastic so far. A really cute romance story!

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Good to know Rachel :)

message 6: by Gen (new)

Gen | 3 comments Just finished first 2 books in a new book series called Georgetown Academy and LOVED it!! Eva Longoria tweeted it was she reading when she was on the campaign trail and that she was addicted to it and I now see why! Takes place in a Wahsingto DC elite high school. I'm obsessed with the characters...especially Brinley- the girl you love to hate! Has anyone else read this yet?

message 7: by Christin (new)

Christin R. | 36 comments One of my favorite books of all time is Stolen written by Lucy Christopher. It's a strange, bizarre, oddly romantic story!
A must read stand alone.

message 8: by Mitsy (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Has anyone in this group read Streamline by Jennifer Lane? It is an excellent book along the lines of Reason to Breathe.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments I'll have to check that out. I love Reason to Breathe.

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Mitsy wrote: "Has anyone in this group read Streamline by Jennifer Lane? It is an excellent book along the lines of Reason to Breathe."

I haven't read any of them. I am going to check it out. Thank!

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn

Check this one out if you have time. It is so good. Funny and sweet.

message 12: by Mitsy (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Gisbelle wrote: "Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn

Check this one out if you have time. It is so good. Funny and sweet."

Thanks! :)

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Welcome :) I am reading it now (almost finish) and it keeps me smiling like an idiot :D

message 14: by *TreySongzWife* (new)

*TreySongzWife* (jukeboxmusiclover) wow

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I love Nyrae Dawn :) Her books are so much fun to read. This is the 4th book I read written by her.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments I like her too. Have you read Charade yet? I keep looking at it, but haven't read it yet.

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Katie wrote: "I like her too. Have you read Charade yet? I keep looking at it, but haven't read it yet."

Not yet :( too bad since I have bought it already. Just haven't got time to start. Too many reading challenges :P

message 18: by *TreySongzWife* (new)

*TreySongzWife* (jukeboxmusiclover) Gisbele:Not yet:(too bad since I have bought it already.Just haven't got time to start.Too many reading challenges:P

I feel the same way too:):}:/

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle hehe yeah... too little time & too many books :)

message 20: by *TreySongzWife* (new)

*TreySongzWife* (jukeboxmusiclover) i know i love books but i'm always reading like 3 boks at a time so when i'm done i go to the next book on my list to read:}

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Me too :) I am reading 3 at the moment hehe and I have 2 buddy reads coming up as well XD

message 22: by *TreySongzWife* (new)

*TreySongzWife* (jukeboxmusiclover) i know i love books to much just to read one at a time :D

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I am not ready to commit to one book also lol

message 24: by Mitsy (last edited Nov 18, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) *TreySongzWife* wrote: "i know i love books to much just to read one at a time :D"

Me, too! I'm reading four right now. One classic. One mystery. One young adult. One other impossible to classify. Lol

message 25: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 94 comments Mitsy wrote: "*TreySongzWife* wrote: "i know i love books to much just to read one at a time :D"

Me, too! I'm reading four right now. One classic. One mystery. One young adult. One other impossible to classify..."

Wow that sounds impossible!! I hardly can read two books at a time, not talking about 4!!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lane (jenniferlane) Mitsy wrote: "Has anyone in this group read Streamline by Jennifer Lane? It is an excellent book along the lines of Reason to Breathe."

Thanks, Mitsy! Streamline is a swimming story and I love other sports romances like
Catching Jordan.

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I love Catching Jordan too :)

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin M. (siriusyareader) | 12 comments Hey, I recently got into ya contemporary romances and need some suggestions. I've read Sarah Dessen and Anna and the French Kiss/ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Second Chance Summer, Pushing the Limits, and the Story of Us. Other than that I have no idea what to read. Help?

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin M. (siriusyareader) | 12 comments Erin wrote: "Hey, I recently got into ya contemporary romances and need some suggestions. I've read Sarah Dessen and Anna and the French Kiss/ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Second Chance Summer, Pushing the Limit..."

Also, I've read the previous comments. If the book came out less than 4 months a go my library won't have it. Also, I prefer books written in a female pov or alternating povs. I'm sorry for being so picky! Thank you.

message 30: by Gisbelle (last edited Nov 20, 2012 02:13AM) (new)

Gisbelle Here are some of my absolute favorites:
Trystan Scott series
Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1) by H.M. Ward Backdraft (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #2) by H.M. Ward Riptide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #3) by H.M. Ward

The Vincent Boys
The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1) by Abbi Glines The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys, #2) by Abbi Glines (I haven't read book 2 yet, but book 1 was awesome)

Some standalones:
Guitar Notes by Mary Amato Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer Almost by Anne Eliot Just Flirt by Laura Bowers From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer If I Lie by Corrine Jackson ...

And a lot more lol... But I hope you find something you might like from the above <3

message 31: by Erin (new)

Erin M. (siriusyareader) | 12 comments Thank you so much for the suggestions! They all sound amazing! I'm going to. Check out my library and see if they have any of them! I especially like the sound of the trystan Scott series :)

message 32: by Ami Nicole (new)

Ami Nicole From What I Remember
First Comes Love and its sequel Second Chance by Katie Kacvinsky
These books had me laughing out loud.

message 33: by Ami Nicole (new)

Ami Nicole The Edge of Never
Going Under
Shallow
Young Love Murder
Wishing for Someday Soon
Taking Chances
Chasing Leah
Impossible
My Favorite Mistake
The Secret of Ella and Micha

message 34: by Ami Nicole (new)

Ami Nicole One more book: Beautiful Disaster (The Bet #1) by Francette Phal. This book reminds me of the movie Cruel Intentions on crack. It's disturbing on so many levels.

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie | 49 comments From What I Remember was so cute! Good list :)

message 36: by Reading (new)

Reading | 6 comments All John green books, especially The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Reading wrote: "All John green books, especially The Fault in Our Stars by John Green"

I have read and agree :) It is really good

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Amber wrote: "This book is kind of kidsy you could call it;

Book of 1000 Days
by Shannon Hale"

Sounds interesting :)

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesicca) Jessica Hi! My name is Jessica and I'm new to the group.! I love romance! I have just gotten back into reading after 15 years of not reading due to an insane work schedule. I'm really interested in joining this group to help get some guidance and direction to great authors since it's been so long since I've read!!I'm an adult, but surprised to find out I am interested in some young adult romance books. I'm always looking for recommendations and guidance!! I'm also looking forward to making some new friends!

message 40: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) I highly suggest the Significance series by Shelly Crane. Soooo good.

message 41: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle hehe I think it is getting a bit out of topic. This thread is for YA Contemporary Romance Recommendations. Most of the books being rec'ed recently were fantasy :)

message 42: by Brittany (new)

message 43: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) Easy by Tammara Webber... Uses the same cover models as Brittany's rec :)

message 44: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Booker (bnbooker) | 6 comments Rebecca wrote: "Easy by Tammara Webber... Uses the same cover models as Brittany's rec :)"

Yep! I've noticed that! They're so cute! I was told the reason why so many people are using the same models is because there are only so many 'appropriate' models on dreamstime.com nowadays! :))

message 45: by Corinne (last edited Dec 03, 2012 02:25PM) (new)

Corinne My friends are addicted to this: http://petalwounds.blogspot.com/
Loving the cliffhangers at the end of every chapter, and the surreal turn it's taking, but frustrated by the wait!

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt , The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen .

Geez these too books will make your heart do thump thump thump althrough out the whole book. Both their stories were simple but the characters were amazing. I am addicted to these two.

message 47: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt, The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen.

Geez these too books will make your heart do thump thump thump althrough out the whole book. Both their stories we..."

Add to my to buy list :)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Gisbelle wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt, The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen.

Geez these too books will make your heart do thump thump thump althrough out..."

Oh please do hurry! :)

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Hehe... I have to buy like 10 books this week XD There goes my salary :)

message 50: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 50 comments Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt, The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen.

Geez these too books will make your heart do thump thump thump althrough out the whole book. Both their stories we..."

I like to experience that thump thump thump thing. :D Added on my TBR list!

« previous 1 3 4