Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ RECOMMENDATIONS > General Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle You can recommend any type of books here besides YA contemporary romance.

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I rec Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins since it's a paranormal and a very good one also. This book is filled with excitement, suspense and steamy romance.

message 3: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments I would love that book! Totally me! Love the paranormal and murders, YUM! HAHa!

message 4: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) I rec My Life Next Door and If I Stay series. :)

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "I rec My Life Next Door and If I Stay series. :)"

I love My Life Next Door... George is so funny X) I love to have crazy little brother like that :D

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson it was a good mystery novel.. though it took me time to read this.. I couldn't get through with the first few pages.. still it was thrilling on the middle part.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Beatrice wrote: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson it was a good mystery novel.. though it took me time to read this.. I couldn't get through with the first few pages.. still it was thrilling on t..."

Thanks for rec :) This is a famous series, so I might read it one day!

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) You're welcome :) The content was mature though.. and a bit hard to understand at first.

message 9: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) Oh.. I always thought I should start it.. But it seemed too long!

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Deepika wrote: "Oh.. I always thought I should start it.. But it seemed too long!"

lol... yeah, I sometimes don't like reading a long story, but hey, if it's that good, why not? :D

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments I am reading Lisa Kleypas's 'Wallflower' series - Historical Romance. So far so good! Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I rarely read historical romance :D But these look pretty promising :D Thanks, Kelly!

message 14: by Pang (new)

Pang | 93 comments Kelly! :) Lisa Kleypas books are awesome! I just used to read Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas is the most popular one! but I've never read it, yet. :D

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Pang wrote: "Kelly! :) Lisa Kleypas books are awesome! I just used to read Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas is the most popular one! but I've never read it, yet. :D"

Consider that one on my "To Read" shelf - I have had so much fun reading these books! Sometimes they are a good change of pace. Thanks for the recommendation! Keep them comin!

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Deepika wrote: "Oh.. I always thought I should start it.. But it seemed too long!"

lol... yeah, I sometimes don't like reading a long story, but hey, if it's that good, why not? :D"

That book was so good! Still one of my favorites!

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I have to read it someday then :) I cannot resist good books :D

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (epic_lover) | 1 comments I too enjoy reading Kleypas. My favorite is It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas !

message 19: by Mitsy (last edited Nov 18, 2012 03:42PM) (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Being Human by Patricia Lynne is the sweetest book I've ever read. It is also one book that all teenagers should read.

message 20: by Ella (new)

message 21: by Whitney (new)

Whitney  (jadeshea) I recommend Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley
And Fallen Crest High by Tijan

message 22: by Reading (new)

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Reading wrote: "The Book Thief by Markus Zusak"

I am reading/listening to this book now :)

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks Ivy :) I have The Perks in my tbr for months. Guess I am going to read it soon :D

message 25: by Dana (new)

Dana | 2 comments My favorite books this year have been "On the Island" and "Flat Out Love". Not sure if anyone has suggested these yet. "Avoiding Commitment" and "Avoiding Responsibility" were great books as well.

message 26: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 07, 2012 07:47AM) (new)

Gisbelle We have planned to read Flat Out Love together in the group. But as for Avoiding series we might not read it due to the fact that there are a lot young readers here and the books are a bit for older readers :) I am planning to read the series myself, though :D

message 27: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) Me too :) I heard it is very good...!
I think On The Island is also under new adult category...

message 28: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 523 comments I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower! Must watch the movie, whenever it ison the Telly! I love Logan Lerman

message 29: by Ana (new)

Ana (aniecg) You should all read "Please don't tell" by Kelly Mooney! It's a really lovely book:) !

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks Ana. I'll check it out :)

message 31: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) I have heard a lot about The Forbidden Game..!

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 13 comments See the books at the top of the home this home page what are they all called I cant see all of them and some ive not read.
thanks chicas

message 33: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 88 comments The ones on the banner? They're a bit hard to read, i'll try to find out...

message 34: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I made the banner and here the books:

Callum & Harper (Sleepless, #1) by Fisher Amelie Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti Double Clutch (Brenna Blixen, #1) by Liz Reinhardt Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1) by Miranda Kenneally Beauty and the Bully by Andy Behrens A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley The Fault in Our Stars by John Green The Future of Us by Jay Asher Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) by Ally Carter Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby Been There, Done That by Carol Snow Putting Boys on the Ledge (A Girlfriend's Guide to Boys Book #1) by Stephanie Rowe Starkissed by Brynna Gabrielson Hold Still by Nina LaCour

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle BTW, I will post new banner soon.

message 36: by Sara (new)

Sara Harris (bookloversara3) | 45 comments I would reccomend Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate the fallen series. great great books.

message 37: by Guesa (new)

Guesa | 5 comments I have no idea how to put the images of the books so i'll just write the names:

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Losing It by Cora Carmack

and ofcourse The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

message 38: by Vinida (new)

Vinida Me Before You by Jojoj Moyes - Loved this book!

message 39: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 50 comments Vinida wrote: "Me Before You by Jojoj Moyes - Loved this book!"

I second this!!! Just finished this book like 3 weeks ago and I still can't forget it! LOVED it!

message 40: by Mitsy (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Marked for Vengeance is so awesome! I'm addicted and already well into the sequel.

message 41: by Shubhra (new)

Shubhra Agrawal | 34 comments try poison study by Maria V. Snyder! its the first in a three book series! and its really good! :) specially for those who love a story because of the variety of characters :D

message 42: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments This is Falling (Falling, #1) by Ginger Scott so great!!!!

message 43: by DP (new)

DP (darlenesolis) | 4 comments I recommend for psychothriller books fan in here the book Before I go to sleep by S.J. watson. :))