Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Introductions - Getting to Know You

Comments Showing 1-50 of 208 (208 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Hello everyone,
I thought it might be fun to get to know each other a little better. I'll start. My name is Kathy, I'm currently living in Japan. My husband is in the Marines and we've been stationed here for a couple years, we only have about eight months left. I can't wait to get back to the states!! I'm a stay-at-home mom, I have three adorable kids, two busy boys and a spunky little girl. We also have the cutest puppy ever, little Charlie.

If you couldn't tell, I LOVE to read. I love just about every genre, as long as it has a romance in it. I'm a sucker for a good love story. Anyway, that's me in a very small nutshell. Look forward to learning a little more about y'all!

message 2: by Saloni (new)

Saloni Garg (salonigarg) | 3 comments Hey all! I am Saloni. I'm from India and am currently pursuing engineering in the field of electronics and communications. Despite of my very technical field, i am an avid reader. Any genre works as long as it is a good plot! I enjoy having discussions about politics, books, social issues and many other things. I'd love to know more people around here :)

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 188 comments Mod
I'm Katie from Utah. I am the stay-at-home mom of four kids, but my kids are all in school all day now--more time for reading, I guess. :) I LOVE clean romances, especially if they're YA, mystery, regency, and western or historical. I love a good story (especially with romance in it) that ends happy and I love it when I can close a book with a contented sigh, so this is a great group for me!!

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Rodriguez | 3 comments Hi! I'm Pamela. I'm from the Dominican Republic but I currently live in Miami. I'm finishing my bachelor's in business administration and I currently work for a small company as an office manager.

I guess I could call myself an avid reader and I would read pretty much anything as long as I find it interesting. I love that I can escape reality for a brief moment (perhaps a long one) and submerge myself in a good story specially if it's a romantic one.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I love this idea Kath, way to go!

Well, my name is Deb and I am a wife to an amazing hubby and Mother of four beautiful girls. We live in Wisconsin and yes there is lots and lots of cheese. Feel free to come, visit and try some! I am lucky enough that I get to be a homemaker and during some of my down time I am a lover of a good story. I love getting swept away in a sweet romance, a thrilling fantasy adventure, or a mystery of who done it. As long as it is CLEAN, with some sweet romance, and a happy ending...you pretty much have me. ;-)

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 384 comments I'm Kristen from Phoenix, AZ. Yes, I know I am in snow in my pic, and no, it doesn't snow in Phoenix... Ever :o) I'm a stay at home mom of one girl and two very busy boys. But, they just make my life fun!

My number one hobby is reading. I love all the different genres - as long as there is a little romance and it is clean, I'm happy.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth Fred (goodreadscombeth) | 11 comments I'm in Milwaukee!
Deborah wrote: "I love this idea Kath, way to go!

Well, my name is Deb and I am a wife to an amazing hubby and Mother of four beautiful girls. We live in Wisconsin and yes there is lots and lots of cheese. Feel ..."

Kathy wrote: "Hello everyone,
I thought it might be fun to get to know each other a little better. I'll start. My name is Kathy, I'm currently living in Japan. My husband is in the Marines and we've been station..."

message 8: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 186 comments Mod
'Ello! I'm Kathy Jo or KJ for short. I live in good ol' southern California. I work in customer service for a MLM Company.

I'm the favorite auntie to 14 almost 15 amazing nieces and nephews who I completely adore! And yes I know for sure that I am the favorite because I'm the only single child left in my family which means I have all the time in the world to spend with them... and I do! :o) Their favorite thing to do is go on "Auntie dates" or spend the night at auntie's house. They can always bring a smile to my face and I cherish every minute with them!

My hobbies include reading and (thanks to my amazing sister-in-law) scrapbooking. They are my break from reality and I often use them to de-stress after a long day! :o)

Looking forward to getting to know others in the group!

message 9: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments Hi, my name is Chrissy. We live in sunny Arizona. I am a stay-at-home mom to three adorable little girls. My husband is a resident at a hospital here, so when he is on call and the kiddos are in bed, my books keep me company. I would rather read than clean, watch tv, or excercise :). Reading a good book + chocolate = heaven!

I love all genres, and I love a good kiss at the end. I love this book club, because if a book doesn't have a happy ending, what's the point?! And I have already loved getting to know some of you and can't wait to be friends with more of you.

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 11 comments Hello all, my name is Natalie. I too am from Wisconsin! I am a stay at home mon with four cute little girls. My newest is three months old. I enjoy reading, cooking, and finding as much time as I can to spend with my husband. I love book clubs, and I look forward to enjoying this one.

message 11: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Hoffer | 3 comments Hi My name is Elaine. I am also from Wisconsin. I just retired and plan on spending more time with my husband, 5 children and 9 wonderful, handsome, beautiful, extraordinary grandchildren. I started reading Nancy Drew and the Dana Girls mystery books when I was quite young. I love a good mystery and also a good clean book with a good story line. I look forward to being part of this book club.

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Waters | 68 comments Hi. My name is Valerie. I am a stay-at-home mom/student. I have 4 great kids who are getting way too old and I don't like it one bit! My oldest just started 5th grade and tells me every day that next year she will be in 6th grade. :( My husband is a Podiatry resident at a hospital in Detroit Michigan. Luckily we don't live IN Detroit...it is a little scary there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! My husband bought me a kindle in Feb. and I think I have read over 100 books since then! It's really bad when I should be studying in my free time but read instead....oops :)

I love romance novels but sometimes I do need something else. I like mysteries and contemporary books.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I was invited to join the group by my neice Kathy Jo or KJ. I live in Utah and I am an avid book reader. I like many different genre's but my current favorite is clean romance. I also enjoy many different hobbies all of which cost me considerable amounts of money so I read which is comparitivly inexpensive. I am a libraian at my local elementary school.

I love to read actual books I do not own a kindle or a nook or an I Pad. I guess I am what you call old school. Which is good because I am old!!!!!!

I do have to share a secret I have written a murder mystery romance that I have sent in to Shadow Mountain publishing and praying they want to publish it. So keep you fingers crossed for me and say a prayer for me.

message 14: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 129 comments Sharon, that is awesome! I hope it gets published too. I LOVE murder mystery romance! And I like actual books too. :)

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz | 7 comments My name is Liz and I live in a small town in central Utah. I have 3 great kids and a fabulous husband. I love to read! And I, too, was running out of shelf space, so my husband bought me a kindle!
I love all types of books, clean romance, YA, history-mystery (think De Vinci Code) anything with a happy ending!

message 16: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 9 comments hi! my name is trachelle. i live in anchorage, ak with my husband (john) and three sons (zander 9, asher 7, tiernan 5.) i'm a hairstylist and work part-time from kitchen studio. i love date nights, books, 4-wheeling, hiking, the lego creations my sons make me (better than flowers, seriously), camping, and starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate. i believe happy endings are the only kind worth reading about. thanks for having me. :-)

message 17: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Hi, my name is Teryn. I am a stay at home mom as well. I have the best husband ever(I am sure I will disagreement from some of you). I am very blessed with 2 beautiful children that are growing up way too fast. :( I get sick of the mundane chores of cooking, cleaning and laundry, so try to infuse books into that routine. I try to get books on tape as often as possible so that I don't get too far behind on everything else. I was not a reader when I was younger, but love it now, probably because I get to pick what and when I read now.
I do not like depressing books, I read to escape, so I love the happily ever after group idea. Thank you for letting me be included. I am excited to get to know you all a little better.

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Kana wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I was invited to join the group by my neice Kathy Jo or KJ. I live in Utah and I am an avid book reader. I like many different genre's but my ..."

In July they said 12 to 16 weeks which means Halloween or the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. It seems like an eternity but I am trying to be patient. If Shadow Mountain doesn't want it well then I jump off that bridge when I ge to it.

message 19: by Deborah (new)

It is so nice to "meet" all of you!

message 20: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments Thanks Deborah!

message 21: by Kathy Jo (new)

Sharon wrote: "Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I was invited to join the group by my neice Kathy Jo or KJ. I live in Utah and I am an avid book reader. I like many different genre's but my current favorit..."

I have my favorite Aunt Sharon (Well.. Shari to me. Hehe.) to thank for my love of reading! Until a couple of years ago I was reading one author and one author ONLY! I went up for a visit a couple of years ago and she handed me a book and said... "Here. Read this." I looked and it was The Time Of Aspen Falls. Let's just say I was up REALLY late reading it... went to bed for a few hours... got back up and finished it! I have LOVED Marcia Lynn McClure ever since and own all of her books either on Kindle, paperback or BOTH!! Hehe. Oh and she is also responsible for turning me into a Twilight geek! I was SO against it for YEARS!! ;o)

On top of helping me find my love of reading... she has taught me everything I know about being the favorite aunt! ;o) I definitely learned from the best!!

And I'm crossing my fingers and saying LOTS of prayers that she gets published! I love it and look forward to MORE!! ;o) Glad you joined Aunt Shari!

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Kathy Jo wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I was invited to join the group by my neice Kathy Jo or KJ. I live in Utah and I am an avid book reader. I like many different genre's but my ..."

thanks Kathy Jo

message 23: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Chrissy wrote: "Sharon, that is awesome! I hope it gets published too. I LOVE murder mystery romance! And I like actual books too. :)"

Thanks Chrissy here's to hoping

message 24: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments It's nice to "meet" you guys! My name is Chantele. I live in Utah and I'm a stay at home mom to 4 little ones by day and a young adult author by night. I just published my first book and am working on the sequel. I love writing and hopefully I can make a career out of it. :)

I LOVE reading and obviously my favorite genre is young adult. I love fantasy, contemporary, historical ... basically anything besides horror. ;)I love that this book club is for clean books. There aren't too many around now, which is sad. I'm also sort of obsessed with my Kindle. It's like my 5th child... ;)

message 25: by Katie (new)

Chantele--what's the name of your book? I'd love to check it out!

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Katie- It's called Not Your Average Fairy Tale, and it's great!

message 27: by Katie (new)

Thanks, Kathy!! It looks cute!!

message 28: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Thanks, guys! :)

message 29: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Well, I got my manuscript back today. Shadow Mountain wasn't interested. So I guess its back to the drawing board. I have been thinking about publishing on Amazon. We will see.

message 30: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Sharon, what genre is it

message 31: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Never mind, murder mystery romance. :)Have you tried agents or Covenant or Walnut Springs Press? Just curious. :)

message 32: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Chantele wrote: "Never mind, murder mystery romance. :)Have you tried agents or Covenant or Walnut Springs Press? Just curious. :)"

No Shadow Moutain was my first experience. I do not know how to contact an agent. I am going to check into some of the other publishers just to see what will happen. I have started writing the sequal already. So I have some work to do. Just a small setback thanks for the info.

message 33: by Kathy Jo (new)

Sharon wrote: "Chantele wrote: "Never mind, murder mystery romance. :)Have you tried agents or Covenant or Walnut Springs Press? Just curious. :)"

No Shadow Moutain was my first experience. I do not know how to ..."

The sequel that I am DYING to read!! Oh my heck... I am super excited about it!! In my mind I will always believe that she is writing it just for ME!! ;o) Hehe.

message 34: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Kathy Jo wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Chantele wrote: "Never mind, murder mystery romance. :)Have you tried agents or Covenant or Walnut Springs Press? Just curious. :)"

No Shadow Moutain was my first experience. I do n..."

You know it is true Kathy Jo.

message 35: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments If you need any information on agents, let me know. :)

message 36: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Chantele wrote: "If you need any information on agents, let me know. :)"

I would love more information I am such a rookie. I would appreciate any help I can get.

message 37: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Sharon, check out querytracker for lists of agents. They have response times, what genres they represent and everything. Preditors and Editors has a list of publishers to submit to and beware of. Hope that helps! :)

message 38: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Chantele wrote: "Sharon, check out querytracker for lists of agents. They have response times, what genres they represent and everything. Preditors and Editors has a list of publishers to submit to and beware of. H..."

Thank you so much Cnatele I will check it out and hopefully make some progress. I will let you all know.

message 39: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Adams (marisa_adams) | 10 comments Hi all! I am beyond excited that I have found this group. I am an avid reader and believe every story should have a Happy Ever After. I love closing the last page of a story feeling that happy satisfaction.

I just purchased the book for the November read and can't wait to get started. Between that, my writing, and the holidays it will be a busy month.

Can't wait to meet all of you!

message 40: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 198 comments Hi, I'm Jessie. I live in Alaska with my wonderful husband, adorable daughter and two very energetic boys. Seems like a few of you had that same combination. I don't enjoy the winter much, and we have a long one here! As a comprise, I have a book allowance. So, life is good :).
I love to read, usually YA and Regency era romances. Pretty much anything upbeat and with kissing in it! I'm glad to have found this group and already enjoy reading everyone's recommendations.

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Shirk (jennifershirk) | 1 comments Good morning!
I just found this group and am happy to be here!
I write sweet lighthearted romances myself.
I like to read them as well as fun YA books too.
Nice to meet you all!!

message 42: by Deborah (new)

Welcome, Welcome everyone! Kathy and I really love sharing books and we both LOVE a good sweet story with a happy ending. I hope you each enjoy sharing your thoughts on each months book!! Happy reading!

message 43: by Caryn (new)

Caryn (theCaryn) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Caryn and I am the favorite aunt to my soon-to-be 14 neices and nephews. I work with a solar company as their office manager. I love to read books with happy endings, so this is the perfect group for me! I look forward to getting to know everyone in the group! =)

message 44: by Madi (new)

Madi | 4 comments Hello, my name is Madison! I just found out about Goodreads (a little slow, I know) and I am so darn excited I have found this group! When I first got my Kindle, the innocence in me thought that all the free books would be clean, ha! I'm sure you can imagine how my eyes popped out of my head when I started to read my first book... I'm so happy to know you all share the same values that I do!

message 45: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Madi- Welcome! That has happened to all of us, at least it has for me. I still get tricked by covers and fun book synopsis. Hopefully you can find some good recommendations here!

message 46: by May (new)

May Abbey (MayNicoleAbbey) | 11 comments Wow! There is such an eclectic variety of women here! HI to everyone around the world who loves a good clean love story!

I'm from Arizona, love to read and write clean romance! I have three little ones, 6, 3, 2, and a wonderful husband. I realized my love of romance by reading the OLD OLD harlequins from the 50's and 60's. It was a different lifestyle back then - and clean! These books are the only things I collect :)

I'm happy to join this group of like minded women!

message 47: by Katie (new)

Sharon wrote: "Hello everyone. My name is Sharon and I was invited to join the group by my neice Kathy Jo or KJ. I live in Utah and I am an avid book reader. I like many different genre's but my current favorit..."

Sharon--I know this is probably weird, but I'm 99% sure you're MY kids' school librarian!!! How's that for a small world?!

message 48: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments Katie I work at Southland Elementary as the librarian. All day Monday Tuesday and Wednesday morning come in and say Hi. Yes it is a very small world!!!!!

message 49: by Katie (new)

Yep, that's our school!! I usually volunteer in the afternoons but I'll have to swing by in the morning sometime. :)

message 50: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Lol, that is funny. What a small world. One day we'll have to plan a big get together for our book club! Wouldn't that be fun!!

« previous 1 3 4 5