We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Introductions & Administration > Moderator Announcements

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments We’re sad to announce that our sweet Lady Vale will be stepping down as one of the Moderators here in the We Love Lisa Kleypas group. As real life often does, it’s gotten in the way of fun and taken away from the time she has available to spend online and in our group.

Please join us in thanking her for all she did for the group, and in wishing her all the best!

We hope you’ll have time to come by and visit, Lady V., and if things slow down offline, please don’t hesitate to come back as a moderator. I’m sure we can find something to keep you busy ;)

Danielle, Dhes, Bekah, and Lisa Kay

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I second Dhestiny on thanking you for all your hard work on the group. We will miss seeing you more often. Hope you are able to come back soon, Vale!

message 3: by Sha Mslvoe (new)

Sha Mslvoe (mslvoe) | 13 comments Lady Vale,

All the best. We going to miss you!

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments Thank you Lady Vale for all you've done for the Group. I hope the direction Life takes you in holds many good things and will at least occasionally allow you to visit the Group.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) Thanks so much for everything Lady Vale. Hope you can pop in often.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2138 comments Sorry to hear you're leaving us, Lady Vale. Thank you for all your hard work towards making this a fantastic group to belong to. Best wishes to you and I do hope to can drop by occasionally.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Gorman | 400 comments Thank you Lady Vale for all of your contributions to the group. Take care.

message 8: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, Lady Vale! Best wishes.

message 9: by Ariana (new)

Ariana (oh2ny) | 102 comments Aw so sad for us but good luck with everything and thanks for all your hard work! :)

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments
Hi, all!

You may – or may not – have wondered where I am. I’ve been getting my house on the market. Yes, I know I thought I was done, but that isn’t what the inspectors and Realtors think. I’ve also been packing and organizing…and cleaning. (Why is there so much laundry during a move?)

Two pack-rats sure collected a lot of stuff over 29 years. Though I’ve been getting the help of friends and family and a few paid helpers, it is a lot of work – especially hard is deciding to keep something or not, or to give it away – and if so, to whom? Of course, giving up the gazillion books I have slows things down, too. I’ve tossed more than one book in the give-away pile, only to sneak back a pull it out later.

In addition, I’ve been off house-hunting. The good news about all this is I’ve purchased a beautiful new home, single story, and more the size of my current needs. Yay! However, it is being built. As the new house takes four to six months to build, I will have to decide where to rent in the interim. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Needless to say, all this has taken a toll on my GoodReads time. (And reading time!) With regards to GRs, my first priority will be in keeping up with updating the members who have completed or joining challenges in the various groups where I Mod, but you might not see me participating much in the other threads, especially “buddy reads.” Which is killing me. **sniffle** My next priority will be to do the newsletters when it is my turn at rotation. Hopefully, I can start updating in a week or two. Thanks to the other Mods who are stepping in while I’m swamped.

Soon all this craziness will slow down and fade away, and I’ll be back at full participation. Until then, please bear with me.

Thanks!

~Lisa Kay

**Psst! Clicking on pic will take you to the hints.**

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Best wishes, Lisa Kay! I hope everything falls into place quickly and effortlessly!!

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, Dhes. Me, too!

message 14: by Elena (new)

Elena | 105 comments Not a very active participant because times is such a B@#%! So I can't imagine how you do it. Thanks for thinking of us and best of luck with everything.

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, Elena!

message 16: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (Sunny2) | 16 comments I admire your life decisions and the huge strides you are taking to make it all happen. I wish you a barrel of happiness when you finally lay your head on your pillow in your new home and yell out the words, "I did it!"

message 17: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (SWegner) | 357 comments I was wondering where you were! You are usually so prompt! Good luck with the move! I know about "stuff"!

message 18: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments I hope all goes well and everything goes according to hopes and plans.

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, ladies!

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Apr 22, 2015 07:21PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Wow, I'm late replying. Congratulations on your new house, LK. Thank you so much for all you do for this group! You're a hero, as are the other mods and members!

It's not a secret I haven't been as active, but I love this group and I love you ladies. Lisa Kleypas and her books have made the world a better place, and to chat with other people who appreciate her work is a joy!

message 21: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, Lady Danielle. ♥Lisa Kleypas♥, too... and you!

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Thanks, Lady Danielle. ♥Lisa Kleypas♥, too... and you!"

*hugs*

message 23: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 89 comments Thanks so much for everything Lady V. We'll miss you. Hope things work out ok. :)

message 24: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments Okay, I feel bad although I don't think I'm the only one who got confused. I thought I had replied to this thread about one of the Moderators having to step down and couldn't figure out why people seemed to be wishing her the best a second time which seemed to be for the same reason (not that there is anything wrong, just puzzled as to why the need to wish the best of luck multiple times). Anyway, after rereading the entire thread I realized that this thread started in 2012 when Lady Vale felt she needed to step down and now it is 2015 and Lisa Kay is having to do the same thing. I did not send best wishes and a thank you to Lisa Kay when I first saw her post thinking it was an update. Now that I am unconfused - I sincerely wish you all the best Lisa Kay on your new adventure and hope the new path life has in store for you runs smooth after the bumps it sounds like you have encountered are dealt with. Thank you for all you have done for this group and hopefully you will have the chance to stop by and say hi.

message 25: by Sue (last edited May 01, 2015 01:00PM) (new)

Sue | 41 comments Robin (RBBR) wrote: "Okay, I feel bad although I don't think I'm the only one who got confused. I thought I had replied to this thread about one of the Moderators having to step down and couldn't figure out why people ..."

I agree I also thought this thread was about Lady Vale stepping down and I did not realise that the orginal thread started in 2012. I don't think Lisa Kay is stepping down just no so active on goodreads because of moving. I think there is something to be said for closing old threads and creating new folders for new topics.

message 26: by Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited May 01, 2015 02:40PM) (new)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2138 comments I hope your move goes without a hitch, Lisa Kay. I don't spend so much time on Goodreads now since I stated running my blog.

message 27: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks for the well wishes and I'm terribly sorry for the confusion in this thread. I'm not stepping down; however, my life is in major transition. I did "survive" the move; it was a MAJOR move. I'm traveling how, but will try to update the challenge and pop in every now and then.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I'm really glad the move went ok, Lisa Kay!

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4781 comments Thanks, Lady D!