Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Other HEA > The Anti Hero/Heroine

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments In literature and film, an anti-hero is a central or supporting character that has some of the personality flaws and ultimate fortune traditionally assigned to villains but nonetheless also have enough heroic qualities or intentions to gain the sympathy of readers or viewers.

I was reading Kristen Ashley's Unfinished Heroes series Knight Creed and was wondering what other anti-heroes or heroines have you ran across lately? Or do you remember any from years gone by?

I remember Shannon McKenna had an anti-heroine in one of her books. Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends #6)

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I remember Shannon McKenna had an anti-heroine in one of her books. Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends #6)"

Oh, yes. I liked that one, Pamela. I need to read the next in the series. I have it in paperback, I just need to find the time. Love that series.

Hmmm...I'm going to have to think on this one.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Most of Anne Stuart's heroes are antiheroes, specifically in her Ice series and the Rohan series.

Christine Feehan has some antiheroes as well, such as Jake Bannaconni in Burning Wild and the Prakenskiis in Turbulent Sea, Water Bound, and Spirit Bound.

I find myself drawn to anti-heroic characters.

Another book with both H/h who are antiheroic is Strange Little Band.

And then there is Skin Tight by Ava Gray.

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I enjoy Anne Stuart too. She is a bit much for me at times but I still like her.

I'll have to check out your other mentions.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments I enjoyed Linda Howard's Death Angel Simon was definitely an anti-hero, a killer with his own standards and code but the romance was very compelling and believable.

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments One of my favorite anti-heroes is Rehvenge from Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

Never thought I'd fall for a drug dealing pimp.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "One of my favorite anti-heroes is Rehvenge from Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

Never thought I'd fall for a drug dealing pimp."

Yep, JR was on her game when she wrote Lover Avenged.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments lol! @Dhes!

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill Hughey | 59 comments My favorite anti-hero is one I wrote. Doeg is the villain in the first book in the series, and the hero in the second.Redeemed

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Those are the best kind, Jill!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments True.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "One of my favorite anti-heroes is Rehvenge from Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

I was (or would have liked to be) all over this anti-hero! Hot!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 146 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "One of my favorite anti-heroes is Rehvenge from Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

Same here!

message 14: by Melissa (last edited Oct 10, 2012 05:05PM) (new)

Melissa All the heroes in the books are some smoking anti-heros with a softer side they didn't even know they had.

Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Shadows (The League, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I love the League series!

message 16: by Melissa (last edited Oct 11, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

Melissa I think they are really good! I haven't read the newest one yet... they started coming out in hardback, so I have to wait for the library to get them or wait for the paperback to come out. grrr.

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Yeah, I broke down and spent the big bucks for the last one Born of Silence. I hated forking over the money but I really wanted to read it bad.