A Child Shall Lead Them ~Advanced Roleplay~ discussion

Important Things *Must read* > Moderator Tryouts~!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ღஐKendraღஐ, Has the strength of a Ranging Fire (last edited Sep 17, 2012 06:39PM) (new)

ღஐKendraღஐ | 294 comments Mod
Now has most of you have seen from my most recent message I have sent out to all members. I have decided to open up Tryouts for members who wish to try to become 2nd in command. This is very exciting for me because its just so fun to think of having a second Mod helping out! I simply can't wait to see the contestants who apply for the role of Moderator!

My life has gotten rather busy and complicated to a point I have to have some help. The new Moderator appointed will have the power to oversee things like characters,making sure people are following the rules,and things like that. So basically it will be a mini me but just second in command! :) I have decided to have at least one more Mod at the moment but if I need more I will voice that.

So for now I am only accepting one Moderator so just fill out these little Questions that will help determine who I will choose.

~Questions to Answer~

1. Hello! Why do you want to take position as 2nd Moderator? What can you do for this group?

2. Have you been a Moderator before in other groups? Whats your experience?

3. Can you handle the POWER of the Mod?!?!?! :D

4. If someone is clearly not following the rules like have 1 liners,being rude and so on,what do you do?

5. How often are you on Goodreads?

message 2: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) | 18 comments Mod
No one wants to try out for this?
Really? Hm... Well, I suppose I'll take a crack at it?

1. Hello! Why do you want to take position as 2nd Moderator? What can you do for this group?
What can I do for this group? Well, I can do my best to provide a second set of eyes to scope out any problems that might arise. I'm not shy about pointing out if posts are too short, or if a character could use a little tweaking here or there. Mainly, I just want everyone to have a good time! And if by being here to help you out is the way I can do that, then hey, I'm more than willing to take that on. (:

Shoot... I've been a Moderator dozens of times, actually. I've run several of my own groups that became fairly large, and then I've helped co-mod a couple of smaller groups in my six years on goodreads. I mainly help keeping people from spamming, tweaking posts, just you know, helping out in any way I can (:

Oh of course ;D
I don't believe in trying to overpower the original moderator. They made the group, they had the plan, and they have the basis of what they want going on spread out. I'm only here to assist them.

4. If someone is clearly not following the rules like have 1 liners,being rude and so on,what do you do?
Approach them by sending a private message if they're being rude. Explain to them what they are doing and why it is possibly offending or hurting those members of the group. For simple things like one liners, I believe they can be pointed out in the roleplay as a warning, and a reminder to the other members as well. If the problem persists, then they should be talked to via pm again. Usually I work my groups on a warning system. If someone continues making the roleplay miserable for others, then they should be the one that has to be asked to change their ways or leave.

I try to be on at least once a day, but some days (once or twice a week) I work and might not be able to get online, so, that's something to consider. Thanks!

message 3: by ღஐKendraღஐ, Has the strength of a Ranging Fire (new)

Oh mon bonté!! :O :D Merci Ms.Carly! (Had the urge to speak French..sorry :P) I very much liked your responses and you will be very much so noted. Since your the first that also makes me like it even more ;) Merci!

message 4: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) | 18 comments Mod
Merci! Though I think that's the extent of my French..
Pero, hablo in poco espanol. Mal...
XD I'm surprised no ones tried out! Usually people are clawing at the chance to be a mod.

message 5: by ღஐKendraღஐ, Has the strength of a Ranging Fire (new)

Heehee...well I only know the bare minimum of Spanish...like Hola..and Adios! That's all I know :P I suck at Spanish but I enjoy French.. :D So French makes up for my horrible Spanish! Yeah you an me both are a bit surprised..and a bit let down >.< But I will keep it up for a few more days but if I see nothing happening,you will become our second and most SUPREME Mod!!! :O Well not as supreme as me but..you get the idea! :P

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) 1. Hello! Why do you want to take position as 2nd Moderator? What can you do for this group?
I would like to be able to help. As for what I can do for the group, I can correct spelling and grammatical errors(I'm good at that!), point out too short posts or character forms, and do whatever else is needed! I love RPing, and I want to do whatever I can to make it a fun experience for others!

Yes, I am a Mod in quite a few groups, and have several groups of my own.

Absolutely! I am totally not the power-hungry type, and I would never purposely do anything that contradicts you, the head mod, or goes against you.

4. If someone is clearly not following the rules like have 1 liners, being rude and so on, what do you do?
Like Carly said, PM them first and explain to them that they are breaking the rules or whatever. In one of the groups that I moderate, we have kind of a '3 strikes and you're out' rule, where we first warn them, then if they continue, we warn them again, a bit more this time, and if they STILL are being rude or whatever, then we tell them that one more time and they will be deleted from the group. Not saying that is what I will be doing, but just an example. =D If it is something like a one-liner or text talk, than I will give them a short reminder in the RP. If they ignore my reminder and continue without fixing the problem, then I will let you know, and also PM them.

I'm usually on at least every other day, but I try to be on more. When I am home alone, than I can usually be on quite a bit.

Thank you for considering me!! =D

message 7: by ღஐKendraღஐ, Has the strength of a Ranging Fire (new)

Your very welcome I am considering you a lot! I really glad I have two Star roleplayers applying. I think your both good...so good I am willing to have you both as Moderators...:D I really liked all of your answers!! :) Its great! Good Luck!

message 9: by Amburger (new)

Amburger 1. Hello! Why do you want to take position as 2nd Moderator? What can you do for this group?
I'm useless. Just kidding. I too can watch people and make sure they do good things... Like following the rules. And grammar... spelling not so much. And whatever else needs to be done. Yeah. xD

Well. Not really. Because a lot of times every group I join dies right after I join it... It makes me sad. And I made groups before, but those too were useless and never alive. Quite depressing. BUT I can try my hardest!

Well I hope so. I mean, OF COURSE! :3 But we must always listen the the head mod. The head mod knows all.

Erm... I agree with the other two. If it's something like being rude private message them because public humiliation is wrong. Entertaining. But wrong. (I'm sorry) And one liners and other stuff like that shall (or can be) pointed out in the roleplay. I would be more likely to listen to someone reminding me in the roleplay because I am more likely to actually read that. so yup. xD

I usually try to check it once a day. There are sometimes and some days where I am bombarded with work and homework and projects and I can't check it. But usually once a day.

Thank you for reading my extremely awkwardly typed application(?) thing. xD

message 10: by ღஐKendraღஐ, Has the strength of a Ranging Fire (new)

Hey Amburger nice to see you in the Mod Contest! I like it your very honest and I like that! Thanks for Participating! :D Well..it wasn't awkward I think it was cute..:P