Author's Corner discussion

housekeeping > A short-lived group?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 70 comments Mod
The mod wasn't aware of the Goodreads Authors/Readers Group at the time of Author's Corner inception. It appears to be an active community, so you may want to try there: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 2: by John (new)

Been interesting though.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 8 comments Is there a reason we can't use both?

message 4: by Grammar*Kitten (new)

Grammar*Kitten (GrammarKitten) I much prefer the 'smaller' groups; it's what's put me off joining groups before!

message 5: by Kevis (last edited Sep 18, 2012 01:51PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 26 comments I agree with Andrea. Our posts tend to get swallowed up in the white noise of the larger groups. So here's another vote for the Author's Corner.

message 6: by John (new)

That's cool. Let's keep it going a while, then.

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Sutton (richardsutton) | 25 comments That sounds like a plan!

message 8: by Kieron (new)

Kieron (kierondowling) | 4 comments I agree. Keep it going.

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Bunn | 11 comments Amen.

message 10: by Vita (new)

Vita (vitanostri) | 2 comments Well, despite the fact that it seems like the group has died, i think this group looks pretty nice :) So if there is a chance this group will keep going.. Let it be!

message 11: by Richard (new)

Richard Sutton (richardsutton) | 25 comments Can someone please post somewhere that trolls will be captured and eaten?

message 12: by David (new)

David Couldrey Echo

message 13: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 22 comments Hello everyone in Author's Corner. I just found this awesome group and wanted to thank John for setting it up for us all. I know there's another, much (or massively) larger group out there, but where the large group will have possibly more eyes, the smaller the group, the less likely a work is to get lost (as ???) said. So I look forward to checking out some of the work here and hope some of you find interest in mine as well!

Keep reading, keep writing, and have a great time!

message 14: by John (new)

Thanks Bryan. Writers keep posting so we'll keep on.

message 15: by J.T. (new)

J.T. Buckley (jtbuckley) | 6 comments Glad to see postings I thought this smaller group had died.

message 16: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 26 comments We use to be some interesting discussions here. I would certainly love to see more posts.

message 17: by Millie (new)

Millie (Micala) | 1 comments Hello ... I am not new to Goodreads Author's Corner, but this is my first comment. Need some guidance ... are we allowed to comment, give synopsis or promote our own books here?

message 18: by Bryan (new)

Bryan | 22 comments Millie wrote: "Hello ... I am not new to Goodreads Author's Corner, but this is my first comment. Need some guidance ... are we allowed to comment, give synopsis or promote our own books here?"

Hey Millie,
I've been in the group for a while now, too, and I have been promoting my work here. As long as you post within the category that your book is in, you shouldn't have any problems. Just scroll down on the homepage until you find the discussion topic best suited to your book (Science-fiction, young adult, mystery, what have you) and then post away inside that discussion thread. That's what I did! (See In the Light of the Eclipse thread under "Young Adult).

Have fun, keep writing and keep reading!

message 19: by James (new)

James Tomas | 2 comments Yes you can list/posts your own books on Goodreads, but the only thing I regret is that you cannot recommend your own books...that's a bummer &*$%@#*>

message 20: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 26 comments James wrote: "Yes you can list/posts your own books on Goodreads, but the only thing I regret is that you cannot recommend your own books...that's a bummer &*$%@#*>"

We used to be able to recommend our books, but some authors got carried away and ruined it for the rest of us. So posting about your books in the appropriate section is the way to go.

message 21: by Jim (last edited Dec 17, 2013 06:53PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic John, the moderator, and fellow members of the group,

Numbers mean nothing; I'll choose quality over quantity anytime. Another group of which I am a member has less than fifty members. This group has over two hundred. Both include interesting and knowledgeable participants from whom I am certain to learn.

Keep it going!