Completists' Club discussion

William Gaddis
This topic is about William Gaddis
Authors E-H > William Gaddis

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, probably less of these than Pynchonites, but still - anyone? I've done the big first two, need to finish CG, Frolic, Agape Agape and the essays.

message 2: by Nathan "N.R." (last edited Jul 09, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments I've got CG and Frolic pending. His letters are being published early next year.

Completed.

message 3: by Stephen M (new)

Stephen M | 41 comments I feel like Recognitions and JR would be the hardest part about this accomplishment. After that, it would manageable. As with Mr. McElroy, I'd be interested in this one. But it probably wouldn't be for a long time when I've finally tackled his debut.

message 4: by Nathan "N.R." (last edited Jul 09, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Nathan "N.R." wrote: "I've got CG and Frolic pending. His letters are being published early next year."

Outstanding is alone Frolic. Letters have a review pending and CG got knocked over in January. Next up will be the bio by Tabbi, for which yet no schedule.

message 5: by Darwin8u (last edited Jun 10, 2013 12:02PM) (new)

Darwin8u | 46 comments Nathan "N.R." wrote: "Nathan "N.R." wrote: "I've got CG and Frolic pending..."

I've got JR and Recognitions in the bag, just carving out a time for CG and Frolic, Agape Agape, Letters and Essays. I guess I could just save the words and say, I've done the big two and just need to get down to business with the rest.

message 6: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Rob wrote: "I've got J.R. and Recognitions in the bag, just carving out a time for CG and Frolic, Agape Agape, Letters and Essays..."

I reallyreally intend to turn to Frolic in June. And as a self-appointed something-er-other, I'm gunna insist that the Letters be included for completionism; for multiple reasons; and its not a punishment.

message 7: by Darwin8u (new)

Darwin8u | 46 comments Nathan "N.R." wrote: "I reallyreally intend to turn to Frolic in June."

I might just join you. I've got 'The Rush for Scond Place' sitting on my desk behind me at work mocking me every morning, so I might read that first.

message 8: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 258 comments Darwin8u wrote: "I might just join you. I've got 'The Rush for Scond Place' sitting on my desk behind me at work mocking me every morning, so I might read that first."

I'm even almost more certain today than then that Frolic is next. Rush sounds right (to rend true a radio falsity I thankfully don't hear anymore these days).

message 9: by Darwin8u (new)

Darwin8u | 46 comments I guess I rushed so fast I missed a vowel. I like the sound of my tongue saying:

1. Rush sounds right.
2. More certain today than then that Frolic is next.

For two close buy very different reasons.