Chick Lit Book Club discussion

Our Husband
This topic is about Our Husband
2009 Book Archive > 2/2009: Our Husband: Chapters 7-10

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Feb 05, 2009 04:28PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley What was your opinion of the funeral and how they each behaved?

What did you think of the interaction between Natalie and her brother?

Do you think Raymond was really murdered? Who do you think did it?

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Feb 05, 2009 04:30PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley The funeral was interesting. It was another way in which the author showed us just how different each of these women is. Ruby's outfits always shock me, but then I remember her background and the shock fades. It definitely was an interesting situation to see three strangers, realize they were all "married" to the same man, and then a few days later pretend to be sisters and in some ways, comfort each other.

There are a lot of trust issues between Natalie and her brother, but I think that they will resolve a lot of them throughout the book.

Ruby seems too in love with him, Natalie doesn't seem strong enough, and even though Beatrix seems to hate him the most; I think it's going to be an outside person, someone we haven't been introduced to yet.

Jencey/ (jencey) | 410 comments 1. I was not surprised by Beatrix's response to the funeral. She wants to protect her reputation. Ruby was not a surprise either. She was a little over the top with her boo-hooing. I was surprised that Natalie was so upset after what Raymond had done to her.

2. Natalie is doing the best she can with the circumstances that have presented themselves. Her brother is a very selfish person who has an agenda. I think that Natalie would like to brush him off but will have to deal with him being there.

3. No. My best suspect would be Beatrix due to her feelings towards Raymond. I honestly don't think that Natalie would kill Raymond literally. I agree with Ashley that the murderer is possibly an outside person.

Emily (teaandscribbles) | 129 comments The funeral was interesting and it is the first time where we really see the women coming together.

As for the murder, I do agree with the thinking if it is murder that it is an outside person we don't know yet.