The Sphinx The Sphinx discussion

graham masterton

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelly (new) - added it

Shelly has anyone read any of his books? what do you think of his writing style? doesn't he just rock? i think hes stephen king good? who else? what have you read by him? i haven't read many of his just this and doorkeeps but those rocked

message 2: by Gerd (last edited Feb 13, 2010 07:29AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gerd I must say I liked "The Djinn" a lot better than "The Sphinx".
The latter starts out good for what must count as erotic horror, but I thought he was making it too easy for the not very likable lead towards the end.

Carl Read a lot of his books ages ago, the Sphinx was a good one as I remember, but they were all readable at a time when horror was easier with authors such as Guy N Smith and the early James Herbert.

Michael Brown He varies from wild and wacky entertainment ("Tengu" and "The Pariah" are a super hoot) to quite grisly (the opening sections of "Family Portrait" and "Black Angel" even got my cringe on) to respectable enjoyable horror of numerous kinds ("The Wells of Hell", "Unspeakable", "Charnel House" and about a billion others) and that's before you get into good thrillers like "Ikon" and a fabulous historical novel called "Rich". There's a case for calling him a smartass actually. But as writers aiming to entertain, thrill and amuse, he has a very high hit rate.