Catholic Readers discussion

Non Fiction > Christ, the Life of the Soul

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa, Group handmaid (new)

Lisa | 168 comments Mod
Has anyone else read this, or is anyone reading it now? I've just started (been wanting to get it for years) and would appreciate having other people to share thoughts with.

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike Lisa wrote: "Has anyone else read this, or is anyone reading it now? I've just started (been wanting to get it for years) and would appreciate having other people to share thoughts with."

I have not read this – but would like to read it. Given my current schedule it would be the middle of October before I could begin. If more people join you and a group starts before then, I will try to catch up. If mid-October works as a start time; count me in.

I would suggest at least 5 or 6 fairly consistent readers for a group read, more would make it that much better.

message 3: by Lisa, Group handmaid (new)

Lisa | 168 comments Mod
Mike, do feel free to join in if you'd like. I'm taking it slowly due to work demands so it's not like I'm going to be half way through and waiting for you to catch up!

I just found one of those 'Pick up the book closest to you' memes on FB, and this is what came out of CLS:

'Let us not forget this: that if Christ was able to say that "greater love than this no man has, that a man lay down his life for his friends," if it is of faith that He died "for us and for our salvation," it remains true that it was above all through love of His Father that Our Lord laid down His life.'

I'm not actually at that page yet, but it looks to be good when I get there!