The Fury / Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) The Fury / Dark Reunion discussion

Help Should I read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Now I've read the first two okay they were acceptable not as bad as most people say but U read the first chapter of The Fury but is it as good ? And here's the most important does she get her memory of stefan back befor the ending of the book if not no way I'm reading it
-A

Leah Soucy When I started reading this series, I had the show in mind. I was frustrated because the books are nothing like the show other than the 3 main character names lol. I had to read them as a completely separate story and then they were Ok. If you keep reading the series, a lot of strange things that could never happen, do(& will never happen on the show I hope!). I mean way beyond vampire stuff.. Yes, she gets her memory back but much stranger things happen. If your Ok with that, then you may enjoy them.

message 3: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Thx Can I ask you a spoiler ?
If you read the third book
People say that she is vampire turn human then vampire then angel is that right all in the same book??????
-A

Mahz nope, each in different books...

Leah Soucy That all happens but yes, in different books

Leah Soucy actually she is only a vampire that once. There is still one more book coming out next month so I have only read the first 7(or 9 if you count the first 2 as 4)

message 7: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome One more It's a deal braker for me does Damon turn good by the end of the book? & does she go out with Stefan in the end of book 3
-A

Leah Soucy I don't remember exactly where each book ends. Do you really want to know what happens??? Lol

message 9: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Does Elaina turn human in the third book or after it (Hope after)???
-A

message 10: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Leah thanks I read the books thank you I can't wait till I read the return series
-A thx again

message 11: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Hubbard Love the show, but I couldn't get into the books. And it really bothers me that the original author was fired from the series and couldn't do anything about it b/c of clauses in her contract.

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah Soucy Oh good, I'm glad you liked them. I think it's weird that they don't have anything to do with the show although it seemed like they were starting to incorporate some of it at the end of season 3. I really hope they don't follow them though, a little too unrealistic but Ok for the book.
Enjoy the rest of them : )

message 13: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah Soucy Sara wrote: "Love the show, but I couldn't get into the books. And it really bothers me that the original author was fired from the series and couldn't do anything about it b/c of clauses in her contract."

Same here, I still read them but as I said before, I had to think of them as a completely different story because it was so frustrating. They really have nothing to do with the show. I didn't know about the author thing.. who was the original author? I don't really understand, how does that happen?

message 14: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Hubbard Here's an article about it: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/stefan-an... Basically when she signed her contract to write the series she gave away her rights to the 'world' and 'characters' in her series. So she can never write another book about these characters again even though she developed them. It's very sad and, as a writer, makes me very cautious about the wording in any future contracts I might sign. The original author was LJ Smith, and I believe she still gets credit on the novels being written, but she is no longer writing them.

message 15: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah Soucy Wow, I only know of L.J. Smith as being the author, so I'm really confused lol. I will read the article. I am also writing and working on a book that I hope to have published one day. Thank you for that information, it is something to keep in mind if I ever get that far. That is very sad and I can't believe that something like that can happen.