Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Desirea's Escape (Destiny #2)
This topic is about Desirea's Escape
Romance > Need reviews

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.A. (last edited Sep 18, 2012 12:32PM) (new) - added it

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 106 comments Hello everyone,

I just released the second book in my Time Travel Destiny Series called Desirea's Escape. Available in paperback and ebook at B & N, Amazon, Kobobooks, Smashwords, and Apple. www.lahilden.com

A Frightening Stalker…

Desirea Leighton, a Hollywood starlet with a quick temper, arrives in London for a photo shoot, only to find herself hiding with a woman in a closet. But this closet holds a tunnel, and the tunnel is really a wormhole that leads to nineteenth-century England, where they meet three very angry Regency lords with trust issues.

A Desperate Escape…

Panicked, Desirea flees the Regency lords and she hides in an alley, shaking with fear and confusion as night descends. The handsome victor of a nearby brawl proves to be Desirea’s hero.

The Duke of Lancaster, Ellis Pemble takes Desirea home with him, but not for the reasons Desirea assumes. The duke decides to incorporate Desirea into his household.

The spoiled starlet is not happy to find herself downgraded to the position of maid, and she sets out to win the heart of this single-minded duke with a superiority complex.

A Feeling of Belonging…

Ellis and Desirea fall in love, but Ellis refuses to contemplate marrying his maid. Among nosey, flirtatious neighbors, Desirea and Ellis are able to prevent scandal with the stories they concoct, but there is one neighbor who knows the truth, and she sets out to destroy the love Desirea and Ellis share.

Desirea’s Quest is a time travel, Regency historical with paranormal elements.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!, August 13, 2012
By Book Lover - See all my reviews

This review is from: Desirea's Escape (Destiny Series) (Kindle Edition)
I just love this story!!!! I'm only half way through and just love it. I laughed so hard,I can't wait to finish it. Great author!!!!!! Ill be reading all her books!!!!! Keep em coming,there great!!!!!!

Karma♥Bites ^.~ (karma_bites) | 215 comments I am not interested in reviewing, but I would suggest that among other things, perhaps you should edit your blurb. I believe the proper term is "starlet" (NOT "Hollywood starlit").

message 3: by L.A. (new) - added it

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 106 comments Yikes, thank you ETA. That is my fault for not sending my blurb to my editor but when I do he usually adds too much detail. I'm having the formatter fix it now, so thank you again. I hate errors. :)

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee Landes | 13 comments LA I think your book sounds fun and looked on your website, which by the way is great, but couldn't read book on there because when you expand the size of text you can't scroll down. Just thought you might want to know this. (I haven't got very good eyesight so maybe other people won't have problem.)
Also your book link doesn't work.
Lee

message 5: by L.A. (last edited Sep 18, 2012 12:38PM) (new) - added it

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 106 comments Hi, Lee, Thank you so much for your kind words. I have spoken with my formatter about my website not working right, unfortunately I play with it to death and I still can't fix it myself. I really appreciate you letting me know so that I can have it fixed. He should have it fixed in a couple of days. I also changed the link above so it works. Ugh! Thanks again. :) Here's the link to the first two chapters. http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...