Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

Love Hate?
Valerie Valerie Sep 17, 2012 08:39AM
Does anyone else love and hate this book?

Not me. I loved all of them, & wish, Stephinie, would wright a follow up. At least, the relationship, betwene,Jake & Ranessma.

Yes. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I detest every single character in this series. They are horrible people, and I hate them all. If Forks-ala-Meyers was a real place, I would want it bombed. Then salted, then bombed again.

Despite that, I own every book in the series, every movie in the series, a giant Jacob blanket and various Twilight related items that get hidden when my friends come over to visit.

I can't explain it. Its my deepest shame (well, not really...)

Yes! That's very true!!!

Yes, love/hate. There's a lot about the whole series to complain about, but for some reason I still read them ALL.

Yes!

I thought it was a neat concept, honestly being the first vampire book I'd read... but the characters, frankly, annoyed me. So yes, I'd say it's a love-hate relationship.

Avani *Renesmee, and her nickname is Nessie. Not Renessma and Nesie xD
Sep 22, 2012 06:55PM · flag

I don't think this book is anything special. It's like some chick lit I randomly picked up (when it first came out) and I liked it, I mean, the writing wasn't great, the characters were rather awful, but it didn't SUCK so bad that I wanted to hurl, or burn something, or just generally overreact. I think most people hate Twilight because they're expected to. If some people love it, that's okay, whatever. But I honestly think the hate is very misdirected. It's not THAT awful. Jeez.

Julia Exactly! People are expected to hate the books because everybody else is hating them too!
Sep 21, 2012 01:40PM · flag